my 125 gallon Central American cichlid tank

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Here are some other new additions, a "pair" of Amatitlania sajicas. Not sure about the sex yet, but I hope the bigger/darker one in the foreground is a male, and the lighter one is a female. These guys are still pretty small, under 2".

DSC_0015-001.JPG

Here is another shot of the bigger one with my large male mixteco. This male is way bigger than any of the other mixtecos.

DSC_0011-001.JPG

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Awesome looking fish. Great photos man

Reactions: adamsfishes

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
And finally, the latest addition. I went back and forth about adding one of these, but ultimately pulled the trigger when the LFS got in a new batch of nice looking specimens. It's about 2" now and already showing some decent color. It looks more or less blue depending on how the light hits it. No idea of the sex of this one.

DSC_0005-001.JPG

Here is another shot:

DSC_0013-001.JPG

The fish is pretty chill, no aggression issues yet. I'll keep an eye on it and take action as necessary. I'll probably have to watch what dither species I add because this guy could end up eating them if I get something that is too small.

I'm thinking about making a significant change, will talk about it later when I have more time...

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Current stock is :
14 Thorichthys mixteco
2 Archocentrus centrarchus
2 Amatitlania sajica
1 EBJD

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Wow, this tank is stunning excellent job man. Basically what I'm going for with my current setup, but I think you've done it a bit better than I am lol. Really good stuff
I am but a learner, but thanks for the compliment Swami. I love my cichlids and try to take good care of them.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Nice additions Adam,I particularly like the sajica.I used to keep and breed them and they will remain a firm favourite. Mature fully grown males are like little tanks.They are built like Arnold swarzenegger.
Your photos are nice and clear.
Keep up the up dates.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
My wife says that my tanks are boring."can't we have some colourful cute fish like those Goldfish with the big eyes"she says.
I have found that completely dismissing everything she says is the best way forward. Cute bloody Goldfish! Never going to happen.
LOL, good plan.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Nice additions Adam,I particularly like the sajica.I used to keep and breed them and they will remain a firm favourite. Mature fully grown males are like little tanks.They are built like Arnold swarzenegger.
Your photos are nice and clear.
Keep up the up dates.
Thanks. I like the sajicas a lot. Definitely one of my favorites, couldn't resist adding them. Can't wait to see what they develop into down the road.

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
I have some mixteco blue coming on Thursday from the same seller. I'm very excited to get them. I've kept the "gold" and "green" in the past but never blue.

Also, amazing tank btw. I absolutely love the look. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store