Natural habitats of cichlids

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Any chance we can make this a sticky neoprodigy neoprodigy , UnstoppableJayD UnstoppableJayD , koltsixx koltsixx , or HarleyK HarleyK ?

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Any chance we can make this a sticky neoprodigy neoprodigy , UnstoppableJayD UnstoppableJayD , koltsixx koltsixx , or HarleyK HarleyK ?
I think it is a great topic... sticky it is Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Reactions: UnstoppableJayD

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
These vids were interesting although it covers piranha and other stuff. Mesonauta, Heros, Crenicichla, Geophagus and more I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing. Love the setups that the footage here inspired.

One frame had curimata vitatta, festivums, severums, cardinals, and a dwarf pike. Great inspiration for a 125 or 150 setup with sand, some palm tree branches, and some branch wood.

Another had a nice big johanna, a shoal of severums, leporinus steyermarki, and a pink tailed chalceus with a school of daemon as a bonus. Great picks for a large monster aquarium 180 gallons or more.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
The more I see festivums in these videos the more I want to do a biotope centred around them.
Hope people keep adding to these videos,they can be truly inspiring.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Would it be a good idea to give people a "how-to" of sorts in regards to aquascaping for biotopes? Like a list of tips and unique ideas people have used for aquascaping that some less experienced hobbyists could benefit from?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I did have the idea of starting another thread of inspirational biotope style tanks.
The idea behind it was so people could get ideas on aquascaping.
The tanks do not need to be your own,just impressive tanks that people can get ideas and inspiration from.If any one beats me to it feel free to start posting tanks you like the look of.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store