Types of Royals (post yours here)

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Ya I know that's why I bought him. Hopefully they grow back. Could be a seasonal thing, time will tell

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I have a "Panaque Armbrusteri, Tocantins". L27 from Jeff Rapps. My first Royal, and I'm not too happy with him.

I can't post a pic because I haven't seen him since I dropped him in the tank a month ago. Only reason I know he's alive is because there's fresh turds on the bottom every morning when the lights come on.

There are 6 fish in the tank with him all much smaller. The pleco is easily the biggest fish in the tank, and the only pleco in the tank. 125 gallons.

But hey, if he comes out, I"ll snap a pic and post it right here. I think he'd look awesome if he came out!

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Mine har
I have a "Panaque Armbrusteri, Tocantins". L27 from Jeff Rapps. My first Royal, and I'm not too happy with him.

I can't post a pic because I haven't seen him since I dropped him in the tank a month ago. Only reason I know he's alive is because there's fresh turds on the bottom every morning when the lights come on.

There are 6 fish in the tank with him all much smaller. The pleco is easily the biggest fish in the tank, and the only pleco in the tank. 125 gallons.

But hey, if he comes out, I"ll snap a pic and post it right here. I think he'd look awesome if he came out![/QUOTE

Mine rarely comes out as well ! But when I throw in algae wafers and zucchini he can't resist and that's when I see him lol

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
I had my large l25 by himself, then I added a similar size l27 and now I see them both out a bit more. Yours might need some company

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I think if I added a second Pleco I'd have to vacuum the tank daily.

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
One more from when I got him. He has since lost his whiskers

View attachment 1221123

Very nice Araguia. I been hunting for one to complete my L27 collection! How did you get hold of one?

Anyways, OP, the L27 you have nice, its definitely Xingu.

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Thanks, it was imported into Canada by Spencer Jack and I bought it from him. He runs a large store and ships across the country

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store