Thorichthys pic thread

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Nothing more entertaining than duelling thorichthys.
I like it when there are pairs facing off.

But sometimes it takes 2 squaring off and one onlooker/referee lol. I'm convinced keeping groups is the best way to keep them. They are extremely social.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I like it when there are pairs facing off.

But sometimes it takes 2 squaring off and one onlooker/referee lol. I'm convinced keeping groups is the best way to keep them. They are extremely social.
Yeah I agree,I think you get the most out of them that way.
Just caught these two at it.

_20170202_185637.JPG

Not the clearest photo I'm afraid.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I like that pic.

Keeping 3 different types of thorichthys together, they seem to ignore the other types. Mostly fight with their own species.
Mine normally squabble between them self's but occasionally flair at the saljica who then chassis them round the tank, think they have learnt he can bite harder then them.

Reactions: cichlidfish

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Mine normally squabble between them self's but occasionally flair at the saljica who then chassis them round the tank, think they have learnt he can bite harder then them.
Glad they learned. I am worried that my deppii will snap one day. My meeki are constantly harassing them. My largest meeki seems to be the dominate fish of the tank, even with the salvini, and robertsoni.

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
The last time I heard anyone keeping these it was a British hobbyist named Jim Dawson. This was roughly a year ago.He had a decent sized group.Not sure if he bred them and put any around. I don't know of any body else with them.
I heard that Dawson guy wound up buying some creek.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store