Salminus Franciscanus (Golden Dorado)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
You know you're on Holiday when the fish room smells like arse because you fed more often than normal.

Reactions: moe214

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
kendragon kendragon the last video you posted was it during a water change? Or are you running a lowered water level? If your running the lowered water level has it changed the behavior of the dorado at all? Just curious they are looking beautiful colors are really popping on the the fins. Do you know at what size do they start turning gold? Sorry for all the questions Ken Merry Christmas!

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
kendragon kendragon the last video you posted was it during a water change? Or are you running a lowered water level? If your running the lowered water level has it changed the behavior of the dorado at all? Just curious they are looking beautiful colors are really popping on the the fins. Do you know at what size do they start turning gold? Sorry for all the questions Ken Merry Christmas!
No change in water level.
Color and size started at 6 months. Still only feeding pellets. I did go back to WC once a week due to work schedule. I think the difference you're seeing is due to the heater. During the summer there was no heater. Heater was plugged-in in Nov.
Aggression has not changed. Still picking at each other except not as fast due to bigger size. I have accepted this behavior and scales falling doesn't bother me anymore.
Happy Holidays to All.

Reactions: cigars and moe214

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Aggression has not changed. Still picking at each other except not as fast due to bigger size. I have accepted this behavior and scales falling doesn't bother me anymore.
Happy Holidays to All.
Lol, lost scales, blunt and beaten front jawlines.....

Merry Christmas Ken

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
No change in water level.
Color and size started at 6 months. Still only feeding pellets. I did go back to WC once a week due to work schedule. I think the difference you're seeing is due to the heater. During the summer there was no heater. Heater was plugged-in in Nov.
Happy Holidays to All.
Merry Christmas bro, they're dorado they look good lol

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Looking real nice Ken I see the gold coming in. What size would you say they are right now?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store