Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Starbucks Coffee.....come drop a load on us without having to drop a dime.
Hello; There is a street in Knoxville TN which has some big office buildings. It is also not far from the homeless shelters and places where food is handed out. The area has been undergoing a lot of renovation the last decade or so.
A friend has to visit one of the business about once a month. I sometimes ride along. While waiting I sometimes have wandered around the area. If I need to use the facilities I buy something first. The merchants pretty much guard their restrooms because the homeless have in fact messed them up.
My guess is Starbucks has messed up with this move.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Put them in tents outside of your house and you have san fran.
There is a section of this city where a large group of addicts and bums have set up a "tent city" underneath a section of the El train tracks.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Its pathetic. That's what this new age lib mindset will get you. Sounds good homeless out of weather and in tents. Lets help the homeless.

Reality you plague yourself with junkies and crime. You bring in more junkies then there's a supply shortage with an increase in drugs to meet demand.

Don't get me wrong I'm all about helping people be better but people have to be willing to help themselves first.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Its pathetic. That's what this new age lib mindset will get you. Sounds good homeless out of weather and in tents. Lets help the homeless.

Reality you plague yourself with junkies and crime. You bring in more junkies then there's a supply shortage with an increase in drugs to meet demand.

Don't get me wrong I'm all about helping people be better but people have to be willing to help themselves first.
Here this week the authorities are planning to round up the tent people and get them into shelters.I'm not sure exactly why but a lot of the homeless people here prefer living in the streets to being in shelters.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
More opportunities to make money on the street as opposed to being in a shelter and easier access to drug supplies as well

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
More opportunities to make money on the street as opposed to being in a shelter and easier access to drug supplies as well
I don't know how things are run in the shelters but I was under the impression that the residents could come and go as they pleased as they went out sought betterment.Your post kind of suggests otherwise.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store