Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
not sure exactly why but a lot of the homeless people here prefer living in the streets to being in shelters.
Hello; I guess even shelters have rules. Maybe no drinking or doing drugs which as I understand it is why some are homeless to begin with.

opportunities to make money on the street as opposed to being in a shelter
hello; back to the street in Knoxville TN, there is (or at least was) some panhandling. Not sure about prostitution. There is a publication, a small pamphlet, that some sell. I think the pamphlet is provided by a local organization.
By the way the street is named *** Street and in in an area called Old Town. I have not seen so many homeless the last few times I visited. One reason may be that several of the old buildings have been renovated into fairly high cost apartments. Others have been refurbished into a business. It may be that the new residents have been pushing to remove their more smelly neighbors who use to loiter the streets.
I considered buying one of the lofts a few years ago but was not ready to give up my shop and mechanic tools so I bought a house in a slightly rural area.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Interesting I just read my latest post and the sites PC nanny blocked out the street name. It is a three letter word that use to mean happy. Wow, so how does anyone post their address if they live on *** street?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
hello; Did it again. Does the same thing for the three letter word that use to be slang for a cigarette, you know a ***.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hello; Interesting I just read my latest post and the sites PC nanny blocked out the street name. It is a three letter word that use to mean happy. Wow, so how does anyone post their address if they live on *** street?
Do you mean g@y?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
most of them in Seattle do not want shelters or services. They want to live in tents on the city parks, ball fields and under pass green belts to do there drugs and rip off the neighborhood they are camped in. I will not go to down town Seattle or the warf because its just nastie these days

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store