Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Loud as a pistol (to a point) I am pretty handy with them, I can work two at the same time. In the right hands, they can break bone and cut like a knife.
Damn,cutting skin is one thing but I wasn't aware that they could break bones

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I will never trust a dog around a baby
I have used it to back up pit bulls several times. Not only do many in this town feel the need to own one, they let them run loose.
Hello; Don't know if you both were members about 6 to 8 years ago but my similar comments about dogs in general and pit bulls in particular got me ragged on pretty good. One member even wish for me to die.

Get off the bicycle first in a dog attack, dogs and mountain lions hate bikes
Hello; last year a new man moved into the area. His place is right along a main road with wide shoulders where I and many others ride bicycles. One afternoon as I rode on the paved shoulder his three boxers spotted me and came charging. First thing I did was get off the bicycle and place it between myself and the closer of the three dogs. I got my glock sprayer out and prepared to defend myself.
I got lucky in that the man was also out and was able to call the dogs back. He even apologized for the incident, I guess he understood the situation. I probably could not have gotten all three dogs as my model 42 sprayer has only 7 sprays.

Most pit bulls are friendly , however some people think it's ok for aggressive dogs to run wild.
Hello; I am with you on this, but if the past reaction I received is an example of what is to come then get prepared.

I carry glock spray
Hello; good choice. Back when I could still run a fellow had a german shepard that came at me one day. I used pepper spray which stopped the dog briefly. I was on a paved street and began walking backward away from the dog. It came at me a second time and got another dose.
After that day I carried some mustang II spray and the pepper spray. The dog would spot me coming and start charging thru his yard. I learned that if I had something in my hand the dog would stop about 10-15 feet away and go on like it wanted to eat me up. That dog did bite another runner but he never got me.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
carry a bullwhip
Hello; Back in the 1950's my dad had a bullwhip. A braided black leather one. He was pretty good with it. I was only around 10 years old at the time so did not have the strength to use his.
He got me a smaller version which I could pop OK. I managed to injure myself pretty good twice. Once I somehow split my own ear open with it.
Another time I had it looped around the handle bars of a bicycle. The loop slipped down and the wooden handle went into the front spokes. Flipped me over the front and onto a gravel road pretty good.
By the time I was 13-14 I could use my dad's black whip.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
Hello; Back in the 1950's my dad had a bullwhip. A braided black leather one. He was pretty good with it. I was only around 10 years old at the time so did not have the strength to use his.
He got me a smaller version which I could pop OK. I managed to injure myself pretty good twice. Once I somehow split my own ear open with it.
Another time I had it looped around the handle bars of a bicycle. The loop slipped down and the wooden handle went into the front spokes. Flipped me over the front and onto a gravel road pretty good.
By the time I was 13-14 I could use my dad's black whip.
Got a few scars on my calf, you don't learn to weild one without paying your dues. Learned my lesson about things on the handlebar when my t shirt got caught in the front brake throwing me on my face, breaking half my front tooth off. Still sporting a 1,500$ crown.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
Thanks for posting that,now I want one.
Adam Windrich has good you tubes on making one, the easiest to make requires no plaiting and uses several diameters of rope and athletic tape. Cost less than 20 dollars. Made right they pop as loud as a plaited whip (may not last quite as long, though) I found each one I made was better than the last, I have made 8.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Adam Windrich has good you tubes on making one, the easiest to make requires no plaiting and uses several diameters of rope and athletic tape. Cost less than 20 dollars. Made right they pop as loud as a plaited whip (may not last quite as long, though) I found each one I made was better than the last, I have made 8.
I'll have to check our laws regarding whips...Pennsylvania has some odd laws on some weapons!

Reactions: Kris P Bacon

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
love to learn to use a whip. can see it being fun stuff, but will not replace the 40 cal.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
I'll have to check our laws regarding whips...Pennsylvania has some odd laws on some weapons!
Not a bad idea, I cant use a slingshot in the city limits, but I can carry a whip and open carry a bowie knife.
I also make and use the david sling, I can throw a 3 ounce stone around a 150 yards. Kinetic energy is about a medium pistol round. 3ounce rock @100 mph. (lead sinkers are even better) You have to be dedicated to practice to get accurate with one. I have been practicing for 5 years and can hit beer cans @100ft. Never twice in a row but about 75% of throws at that range would make a man size target very nervous. I don't use the multiple rotatin depicted in the video. I make 1 3 quarter rotation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store