Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Congratulations! Good Luck!
Thanks! It's only cleaning but its a job and it pays pretty well for entry level. $28 (aud) an hour on permanent part-time doing 15 hours a week (time and a half Saturday's and double time Sundays). I sign my contract Monday and start next weekend - my gosh, weekend work with penalty rates.. I can't bloody believe my luck. :D

Sorry for the rant. I'm just so excited, my first actual job! Yay!!! :D :D :D

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
nice, now your next hurdle is keeping it. check attitude at the door, do whats asked with a smile. and mean it. And do not be late, does not matter how good you are if you are not there . not sure this applies to you, but being a hiring and firing manager these are what are required for me. I fired my nephew last month after 60 days, he had the qualifications but was not reliable.

again grats on the job, now own the job, every day.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
nice, now your next hurdle is keeping it. check attitude at the door, do whats asked with a smile. and mean it. And do not be late, does not matter how good you are if you are not there . not sure this applies to you, but being a hiring and firing manager these are what are required for me. I fired my nephew last month after 60 days, he had the qualifications but was not reliable.

again grats on the job, now own the job, every day.
That's the plan. Work time is for working. Start time is start time, stop time is stop time unless I'm not finished in which case when I'm done is stop time.

I'm so grateful that the lady even hired me, so I'm gonna try and be the best damn employee I can be so she doesn't regret giving me the chance. :D

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
MY GOSH, SOMEONE HIRED ME!!! I HAVE A JOB!!! :D :D :D
hello; Good deal.
your next hurdle is keeping it. check attitude at the door, do whats asked with a smile. and mean it. And do not be late, does not matter how good you are if you are not there
Hello; Very good advice.
Last month I finally got a new roof put on my house after over a year of trying to get a decent roofer. One day two of the crew left around noon when a girlfriend showed up. Said they were going to lunch but never came back. Caused some problems as the foreman did not about this and was left short handed. Turned out one of the guys was the Foreman's son. When the crew came back the next working day the son was fired. I guess he thought his dad would let it go but I told the owner of the company about it and he was not happy that they left my carport uncovered for over a day.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Just got off the phone with Sportsman's guide. They sent me a catalogue a little over a week or two ago and I mailed in an order. Got notice today that I had underpaid for the order because I did not include sales tax. Well I checked an order form and there was no information about paying tax in TN. For several other states yes but not TN so I had not added the tax.
When I pointed this out to the lady on the phone she said they had to collect tax starting about two months ago. I again pointed out that the order form did not say anything about the tax. Her reply was that the catalogues had been printed about six months ago so they could not do anything about it. I tried to tell that they should not mail out catalogues with incorrect order forms. She would not concede the point and said they had mailed me a letter about the tax. She also began to talk over me and would not let me make the point that I had no way of knowing if the information they sent was wrong.
At that point I just canceled the entire order and will get a refund. Maybe I am too dense to see how using a catalogue with outdated information is a good business practice. Even if I did not want to waste a bunch of catalogues printed months ago, I would have tried to add a sticker or something saying tax from all states had to be paid. End rant.

For some reason I am now considering Adidas equipment.

Reactions: J. H.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What were we talking about???
LOL!
Hello; Do you have any more information about adidas?
Rumor has it that Adidas as well as Underamour had previously wanted to sign Clappernik but he was already under contract to Nike.
I used to get the Sportsmens Guide catalog too but after they stopped sending them I thought that they did away with them and went to strictly online sales.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store