Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Here's a video to the end of the Austin Bomber.I couldn't link video.
Dallas police officer comes home after shift,goes to wrong apartment and shoots the person who comes to the door.
You following this one,Borg?

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
I do not not care if the doctor is an anesthesiologist or not,he still can't know exactly what the killer was feeling....and no,I don't care for oversight over a killer being executed nor do I care if he was tortured before his last fart escaped his bowels.
If he was proven to be the killer that he was accused of being and if he was sentenced to be executed it matters very little to me how quickly or how painfully it is carried out.If the amount of spectators is limited in these things there would be no bleeding heart do gooders looking to make names for themselves.

Actually he can. It's called symptoms and side effects. In any case, he is certainly more qualified than a average joe to be determining what the effects of the various substances were. If his conclusions were wrong, another anesthesiologist would have most likely spoken up and provided a rebuttal.

Reactions: J. H.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....none of that means anything to me.Like I said,I don't care how unpleasant or,uncomfortable the killer's execution was.

Reactions: J. H.

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
.....none of that means anything to me.Like I said,I don't care how unpleasant or,uncomfortable the killer's execution was.

Shifting the goal posts now are we? First it was how can he know. Now it's i don't care.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Shifting the goal posts now are we? First it was how can he know. Now it's i don't care.
We?.....I'm not shifting anything,I said before that I didn't care about the doctor's stated opinion.The question of how he could know was merely a musing.

Reactions: imabot

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I don't like the death penalty much because
a) Our justice Dept. is a proven convictor of innocent people, mostly because crooked cops make up BS evidence on random people just to close a case and make them look good.
b) It's expensive. I am not sure, but I rember reading that it is cheaper to toss someone in prison than kill them. (courts, doctors, etc., etc.,)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't like the death penalty much because
a) Our justice Dept. is a proven convictor of innocent people, mostly because crooked cops make up BS evidence on random people just to close a case and make them look good.
b) It's expensive. I am not sure, but I rember reading that it is cheaper to toss someone in prison than kill them. (courts, doctors, etc., etc.,)
I can't dispute some of those points.The death penalty has it's faults but for some people it should be applied most expeditiously.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I can't dispute some of those points.The death penalty has it's faults but for some people it should be applied most expeditiously.
I believe in general, and esp. in these cases, justice can only come from God. If you are an athiest, I am not sure how you can even believe in justice. How is a little suffering and death compared to open, brutal murders? How does this help the friends and family of the victims? What of the victims themselves? Because of this, the death sentence only makes sense if it is cost effective and working with reliable evidence.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I believe justice comes from God in that it is allowed to be carried out.:)

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
How would justice be carried out? Revive the dead? 1000 yrs. of torment? Pay reparations to the victim's loved ones?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store