Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok so first we had a woman in the middle of the ocean call the police to (presumably) arrest whales near a boat, now we have the tourist in a boat who are "absolutely horrified" to see greatwhites eating a whale off cape cod.

Beginning to wonder where these tourist come from, they don't appear to be from this planet

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
Ok so first we had a woman in the middle of the ocean call the police to (presumably) arrest whales near a boat, now we have the tourist in a boat who are "absolutely horrified" to see greatwhites eating a whale off cape cod.

Beginning to wonder where these tourist come from, they don't appear to be from this planet
Lmao

These people crack me up.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Seen a grown man once cry uncontrollably because he caught a glimpse of a redtail hawk, either he was 1. Very unobservant of his surroundings. 2. Raised in a box and just got out. 3. High as a kite.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I should write a test, and make all the correct answers c. I feel like that would boost grades.

Speaking of which C Chicxulub you studying or doing anything interesting ?

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
I should write a test, and make all the correct answers c. I feel like that would boost grades.

Speaking of which C Chicxulub you studying or doing anything interesting ?
I've been quite busy within my field, both with personal pursuits and professional ones.

First and most obviously, I started teaching with the University last year.

A little more interestingly, last spring I bought a fairly large tract of land due east of the Okefenokee swamp that I'm organizing into a private land preserve. It's got all kinds of cool stuff present, carnivorous plants, orchids, leucistic squirrels, etc. I have also been engaging in a private little endeavor to locate and catalog various carnivorous plant sites in my part of the country. I'm also working with the North American Sarracenia Conservancy as a member-at-large.

As an extension of that, my peers have been pressuring me to attempt to expand my endeavors to find and protect rare flora from the Southeast into something a little more productive, so I'm currently in the very early stages of setting up a 510c3 non profit to gain legal access to easements in mitigation areas to manage them appropriately to preserve our rare and highly endangered ecosystems.

Ya know, just the typical weekend activities for most country boys in the dirty south. Nothing too special. :) lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
PETA sinks to a new low, claiming that cow's milk is a symbol of white supremacy.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
PETA sinks to a new low, claiming that cow's milk is a symbol of white supremacy.
Hello; OK, I'll bite. With the basic understanding that cows do not have any say about the color of their milk or the color of their blood for that matter, then how did PETA get to such a conclusion?
There is a small heard (maybe 25) of black angus cattle living in a field next to me. Solid black cows whose milk is white I'll wager. These are beef cattle so the milk only goes to the calves.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I've been quite busy within my field, both with personal pursuits and professional ones.

First and most obviously, I started teaching with the University last year.

A little more interestingly, last spring I bought a fairly large tract of land due east of the Okefenokee swamp that I'm organizing into a private land preserve. It's got all kinds of cool stuff present, carnivorous plants, orchids, leucistic squirrels, etc. I have also been engaging in a private little endeavor to locate and catalog various carnivorous plant sites in my part of the country. I'm also working with the North American Sarracenia Conservancy as a member-at-large.

As an extension of that, my peers have been pressuring me to attempt to expand my endeavors to find and protect rare flora from the Southeast into something a little more productive, so I'm currently in the very early stages of setting up a 510c3 non profit to gain legal access to easements in mitigation areas to manage them appropriately to preserve our rare and highly endangered ecosystems.

Ya know, just the typical weekend activities for most country boys in the dirty south. Nothing too special. :) lol
awesome, if you ever get a chance you should make a entire thread on this!
What about chocolate milk?
theyll probably claim that's cultural misappropriation , peta isn't exactly known for their reasoning skills.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store