Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They sell kangaroo meat in the supermarkets in Texas?
...heard that a bomb was sent to CNN's New York office and the place had to be evacuated.
Also in New York a bomb was sent to Robert Deniro's hoity toity ultra exclusve restaraunt....guess someone wasn't all that impressed with the food there.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Before anyone feels sorry for these people of the caravan and how rough it is for them. They showed a video of them yesterday and one of them was on a cell phone(smart phone)....oh, that's rough.
.....probably a left over Obama phone.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I do get the point about a smart phone. I can afford one but do not. I have a trac phone and pay $20 every 90 days. I have poor neighbors and they always have phones as do their kids. Smart phones seem a luxury and not something folks in dire straights ought to have. People with smart phones tell me they pay hundreds for the phone and a monthly fee. Does seem out of place in the caravan but I do not know the story.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I do get the point about a smart phone. I can afford one but do not. I have a trac phone and pay $20 every 90 days. I have poor neighbors and they always have phones as do their kids. Smart phones seem a luxury and not something folks in dire straights ought to have. People with smart phones tell me they pay hundreds for the phone and a monthly fee. Does seem out of place in the caravan but I do not know the story.
Hello; A smart phone in a caravan of people who are supposed to be in poverty does stand out. With more thought I still must figure there are a lot of others who are truly poor and needy in the caravan. So if a few in the caravan are plants from the drug cartels or some other organization that should still leave a lot who are truly needy.

If we are talking about my "bomb shelter" scenario the question remains of what the world intends to do about these masses of the needy. I see folks around here with signs asking for various forms of help. One clue I look for is cigaretts. If they have smokes then I suspect a low level scam. My second wife had a brother who tried such scams. He once would park his car on the side of a road with the hood up. When people stopped to help he said he was out of gas. It worked for a while but he tried the scam too many times in the same area. So there may be clinkers in the caravan but also a lot of truly needy.

I have my own ideas as to why so many truly needy do exist but that can be a different discussion. What to do about them? I see this as a crisis that does not have much chance of a good outcome.
We can decide to share and sooner than later all will be in much the same situation of not having enough to live on.
Those of us who are lucky enough to have what we need to live can decide to keep such for ourselves only.
I do not see a realistic third choice.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looks like they have captured a suspect in the recent mail bombings.The FBI has taken the suspect's van and it is being transported via flatbed tow truck.
The news helicopters are tailing it like it's OJ and his white Bronco!

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
One thing people do is to try to flee to a safer place.
One of my questions is are there enough safer places to accommodate all those in need?
I have my own ideas as to why so many truly needy do exist but that can be a different discussion. What to do about them? I see this as a crisis that does not have much chance of a good outcome.
We can decide to share and sooner than later all will be in much the same situation of not having enough to live on.
Those of us who are lucky enough to have what we need to live can decide to keep such for ourselves only.
I do not see a realistic third choice.
Hello; you bring up some very depressing things. You must be a pessimist!. The thought that the whole world does not have enough safe places is depressing. Your notion that that this is a world crisis without much chance of a good outcome suggests that you ought to have your head examined.
Why don't you go take another nap. Have you ever tried to think plesant thoughts?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hello; you bring up some very depressing things. You must be a pessimist!. The thought that the whole world does not have enough safe places is depressing. Your notion that that this is a world crisis without much chance of a good outcome suggests that you ought to have your head examined.
Why don't you go take another nap. Have you ever tried to think plesant thoughts?
Are you talking to yourself or am I missing something?

Reactions: skjl47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store