Fx6 low flow

Noseric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2019
Buy new hoses.... they're not very expensive just depends on if any fish stores nearby you sell them
I’ll order some on line I’ll try anything,,
It’s also blowing out micro bubbles now so def getting air from some ware

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Thanks for the pics, looks perfect to me as far as the set up.

What are you using for media inside the filter and do you remember how it is placed inside from the bottom to the top?

I don't see a need to replace the hoses if they are NOT leaking though it is always possible there is a pin hole leak in the intake hose.

Noseric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2019
Thanks for the pics, looks perfect to me as far as the set up.

What are you using for media inside the filter and do you remember how it is placed inside from the bottom to the top?

I don't see a need to replace the hoses if they are NOT leaking though it is always possible there is a pin hole leak in the intake hose.
I’m using the media that came with the used tank as chap said it’s all ready to go, the bottom 2 layers has like smal tiny cylinders in them and top has black sponge. Don’t think there’s to much in there could do with more if anything.

This problems doing my head in Iv read a lot about these filters now and everything seems to be perfect bar the obvious problem, I was hoping u guys may be able to shed some new light on what it could be. I may order some more hoses just to eliminate another thing I guess

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
I’ll order some on line I’ll try anything,,
It’s also blowing out micro bubbles now so def getting air from some ware
The air bubbles are normal for an fx6 to blow out every once and a while... the fx6 will even shut off for a min and start back up JUST to get rid of any air in the canister... part of an fx6 normal function... it MAY however do that more often than need be if there is a hole perhaps sucking air into the filter... also make sure no air stones are nearby the intake of the fx6..

Noseric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2019
The air bubbles are normal for an fx6 to blow out every once and a while... the fx6 will even shut off for a min and start back up JUST to get rid of any air in the canister... part of an fx6 normal function... it MAY however do that more often than need be if there is a hole perhaps sucking air into the filter... also make sure no air stones are nearby the intake of the fx6..
No air stone near the inlet. Yes I’m aware the filter self purges. After I take it apart it runs almost silent then after a few days starts getting very noisey and blows out tiny bubbles constantly, I’m also not convinced it’s working ful power

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
No air stone near the inlet. Yes I’m aware the filter self purges. After I take it apart it runs almost silent then after a few days starts getting very noisey and blows out tiny bubbles constantly, I’m also not convinced it’s working ful power
Ok what pads did you use in the filter? Did you use every pad it came with? I only use 2 of the filter pads one in each of the 2 bottom trays along with the surrounding pads.... the more of those pads you use the more restricting the flow will be .... other than that luke I said try new hoses

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
I'd get those hoses more vertical actually... I know my fx6 didnt qork so well with even a slight horizontal to the hoses.... try taking the filter out of the stand and set it beside the tank with hose straight up and down... better to try everything before spending the mother load on a new one

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
Could remove the motor since it’s easy and check the impeller if you haven’t yet

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
If it’s taking in air then a bad gasket could be the cause. Also are you certain there’s nothing stuck inside the hoses? The intake side might not be taking in the same amount of water the exhaust side is pumping out.

Reactions: Nilsafeller

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
If it’s taking in air then a bad gasket could be the cause. Also are you certain there’s nothing stuck inside the hoses? The intake side might not be taking in the same amount of water the exhaust side is pumping out.
This

Have you checked the impeller? Another thought is its not self priming correctly.

I never found these filters to have a substantial flow to begin with

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store