More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Looks like Brick is keeping an eye on him. Lots of areas for them to delineate their own territories. (Even if the borders shift. ) Many sight barriers to dilute aggression. Places to go sightseeing to alleviate boredom. Good things all.
Yeah its an ever evolving thing, but I believe this arrangement is the best so far. Brick actually explores the entire tank more as well. Boss tends to keep to himself as does Rex. Its a combination of open space and privacy, which they all seem to like. Barriers break down completely at night, I might see any combination in the different territories. The only spots totally off limits are the "jungle" (Boss) and the "glen" (Brick). Although Brick is mellowing a bit towards Chip. The grove is now open, as is Chips' cove. But Brick's too big to comfortably stuff himself in there, so he just kind of cruises through. He still looks at the other pot as if expecting Boss to be there but Boss has officially moved. Boss will still go there at night or before meals though. I can tell the fish like this arrangement by the way they constantly explore and swim around/ between. The large open area near the top they still don't go to much. I might run a vine that way to get them to use the entire tank.

Brick has a new friend, my cousin that he didn't like before. Guess he changed his mind!

More random pics later today. Nothing earth shattering.

Reactions: Fishflyer

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah its an ever evolving thing, but I believe this arrangement is the best so far. Brick actually explores the entire tank more as well. Boss tends to keep to himself as does Rex. Its a combination of open space and privacy, which they all seem to like. Barriers break down completely at night, I might see any combination in the different territories. The only spots totally off limits are the "jungle" (Boss) and the "glen" (Brick). Although Brick is mellowing a bit towards Chip. The grove is now open, as is Chips' cove. But Brick's too big to comfortably stuff himself in there, so he just kind of cruises through. He still looks at the other pot as if expecting Boss to be there but Boss has officially moved. Boss will still go there at night or before meals though. I can tell the fish like this arrangement by the way they constantly explore and swim around/ between. The large open area near the top they still don't go to much. I might run a vine that way to get them to use the entire tank.

Brick has a new friend, my cousin that he didn't like before. Guess he changed his mind!

More random pics later today. Nothing earth shattering.
Yeah, but has your cousin changed her mind about Brick?!

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Yeah, but has your cousin changed her mind about Brick?!
She loves Brick but Patch is her favorite along with Kong. She says Kong has a baby face and Patch reminds her of salmon (she's a part time cook!)

But they can't get over Brick's size so quickly.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Chip the Severum looks striking against the blue sand. (1rst picture in this last group.)
I love the 'navy blue' color thing he does but it always phases back to silvery blue. None of the stripes come up except the one near his tail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store