More tank pics, updated

SwampFins

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2018
How are the pothos doing underwater so far?

I've been thinking about trying this myself, I did not know they could survive long term! Also do you have low or hi light for this?

Cool looking tank btw!

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
(For FINWIN FINWIN ) My Synodontis lucipinis get along just great together, same species even though their is coloration is different.

What type of Synodontis do you have? I can check the compatibility with it's own species. Most are mellow all around, with other species and many of their subspieces. I can check the compatibility for you.

My Yo-yo loaches are working out good in the big fish tank. They feed together with the Bichirs with their bodies touching unconcerned, eventually when my Synodontis Cats get to an adequate size, they will join the Bichirs and others.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Brick's getting that "bulldog" jaw now. Lots of orange speckles on the sides. We're creeping up on the next measurement. I think we'll have new numbers again. Notice his eyes are in different directions in the second pic! Cockeyed O.

View attachment 1369952

View attachment 1369953
Yeah Brick is a great looking fish and smart, but that maw definitely looks like it could get mean and do some damage.
Was Pictus Angelicus the cat you were thinking about? I sent you a pic on your email. Oh and someone left you a post.
(For SwampFins SwampFins : @ Finwin is probably getting off work about now. She is good at responding back to people.)

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
How are the pothos doing underwater so far?

I've been thinking about trying this myself, I did not know they could survive long term! Also do you have low or hi light for this?

Cool looking tank btw!
Thanks , the tank is an ongoing metamorphasis.

The Pothos survives long term underwater, I have a thread called "Pothos In your tank Easy Peasy" that explains how to condition it submerged. A couple of things to know.

The roots have to establish well for them to survive in the water. I used ammonia during cycling to let them feed off that. Takes about 2 weeks to show roots. Over time some stem sections will get 'weak' or turn pale. Snip 'em off and it will help strengthen the new shoots. Shoots that grow completely submerged tend to be 'crisp' and easier to snap. Periodically a weak leaf will discolor or split, getting holes. Just snip it off. The roots on mine are everywhere. I just let them tangle on stuff and leave it be.

If you get algae just wipe the leaves off. Check out the other thread for details. Pothos is a low light plant. I actually have both the ivory and golden pothos in the main tank. In my 40s I have pieces that have completely transitioned to all water. The leaves are small, round and compact and the shoots dense in a clump.

You can always just toss in some new Pothos periodically. Rinse and serve. Make sure it has lots of good roots and you'll be fine.

Reactions: SwampFins

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
(For FINWIN FINWIN ) My Synodontis lucipinis get along just great together, same species even though their is coloration is different.

What type of Synodontis do you have? I can check the compatibility with it's own species. Most are mellow all around, with other species and many of their subspieces. I can check the compatibility for you.

My Yo-yo loaches are working out good in the big fish tank. They feed together with the Bichirs with their bodies touching unconcerned, eventually when my Synodontis Cats get to an adequate size, they will join the Bichirs and others.
Ocelllifer

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Yeah Brick is a great looking fish and smart, but that maw definitely looks like it could get mean and do some damage.
Was Pictus Angelicus the cat you were thinking about? I sent you a pic on your email. Oh and someone left you a post.
(For SwampFins SwampFins : @ Finwin is probably getting off work about now. She is good at responding back to people.)
The white area on Brick's chin is new, he never had that before recently. The orange is spreading from his gills and moving down. I'm still trying to catch him yawning. I'm convinced he can get a golf ball in that thing, I saw him open wide a couple of times. That maw definitely spooks Chip and Rex up close.

And for all that, he still can't lock up with Boss. They had a square go today...Brick backed off into a bush sideways with his mouth hanging open, Chip tried to take another cheap shot from the side that Brick saw coming, Brick got pissed and chased Chip clean across the tank. I need popcorn and a Bud.

And for the first time Brick 'puffed' at me, flaring his gills and showing the white borders. In the first jaw pic he was actually charging towards me while I took the pic! I think he's annoyed at all the changes, lol. But he sure is enjoying them. Cranky O. He was okay later and got some fin and back tickles. Rotten O.

Angelicus might be the one. I think they look nice.

BTW, I saw your long email about other stuff. Haven't had time to really read and give you my opinion, but I will! :grinyes:

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Popcorn and a beer. That was a genuine Lol for me. The movie is about to begin. I did some research. The occelated <(SP?) catfish as it is also known is peaceful to its own and other species. But when adult should be placed with smaller tank mates. So go ahead and get those new expensive micro Rasboras. Darn it. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store