Golden Arowana

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
islandguy11 islandguy11 Barrett my man you have some info on this i think?

Id say its an bluebase golden but im far from an expert to make an correct id on this aro.

monsteraqua

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
South East Asia
How much is it he asking?

this is BBXB, - Blue base Cross back not blue base golden, just the sheer colour from the xb is there.
Level 4/5 is blue, the rest I don't see much Grade B/C Arowana, where is it from, send a pic of the cert/tag.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Yes it's a BBXB but it's also a Crossback Golden Arowana as all Blue Bases are essentially Golden Arowana. The cert may give an indication, but different farms use their somewhat different names for their fish, so it can be a little confusing: my BBXB (from one of the oldest farms in Malaysia) cert says "Malaysian Crossback Golden Arowana" -- because that's what is (even though it's clearly a Blue Base variation). Another farm may or may not mention "Blue Base" on the cert.

OP as to whether you should purchase an 18" Arowana, basically up to you, and if you have a bigger tank, because that fish still has a lot of growing to do. As others mention of course depends too on asking price.

On the plus side it's a nice looking BBXB and hopefully it should be more mellow than younger, 6"-12" Aros, which are more mentally fragile and tend to spook more easily.

bigbijoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2019
How much is it he asking?

this is BBXB, - Blue base Cross back not blue base golden, just the sheer colour from the xb is there.
Level 4/5 is blue, the rest I don't see much Grade B/C Arowana, where is it from, send a pic of the cert/tag.
There is no certificate . But I know bought from most reputed shop in the country. Almost 7 year old Arowana.
Selling price is 1200 USD since he is relocating.

bigbijoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2019
Yes it's a BBXB but it's also a Crossback Golden Arowana as all Blue Bases are essentially Golden Arowana. The cert may give an indication, but different farms use their somewhat different names for their fish, so it can be a little confusing: my BBXB (from one of the oldest farms in Malaysia) cert says "Malaysian Crossback Golden Arowana" -- because that's what is (even though it's clearly a Blue Base variation). Another farm may or may not mention "Blue Base" on the cert.

OP as to whether you should purchase an 18" Arowana, basically up to you, and if you have a bigger tank, because that fish still has a lot of growing to do. As others mention of course depends too on asking price.

On the plus side it's a nice looking BBXB and hopefully it should be more mellow than younger, 6"-12" Aros, which are more mentally fragile and tend to spook more easily.
Thank you
This is 7yr old Arowana purchased from most reputed shop in my country, Qatar. THey import fishes from reputed farms only. This fish from Malaysia.
No certificate avaialble. Arowanas with certificates are damn expensive here.

Malte81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
Germany
I Think its a great fish.
I germany There are many crossbacks for sell that will never cross.( low quallity)
You have a nice fish there who is almost complete crossed for 1200 bucks.
I Think its a good Deal.
You See what you get.

monsteraqua

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
South East Asia
Thank you
This is 7yr old Arowana purchased from most reputed shop in my country, Qatar. THey import fishes from reputed farms only. This fish from Malaysia.
No certificate avaialble. Arowanas with certificates are damn expensive here.
If it was an importation from Malaysia there will be a CERT AND TAG.maxresdefault.jpg
IT IS ILLEGAL to import and export without certified asian arowana out of malaysia, singapore, etc.
So it is most likely a cheaper arowana from thailand which a breeder said was a full malaysian BBXB.
this is a Malaysian BBXB cert + tag, from a farm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store