Ideas for an all Amphilophus tank....

Matthew1626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2013
Denver
Yeah, from the looks of it he’s gonna be a chunky one! I’m gonna name him Porkchop as a nod to that old cartoon “Doug” (and because Chancho means pig)!

Reactions: DMD123

Matthew1626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2013
Denver
Haha maybe I need to go get drug tested or something. I had actually looked through a bunch of your old Pearsei posts when I was considering a Bocourti ...I’m not sure why I wasn’t making the connection, sorry if I rehashed old memories, must’ve been a Freudian post!

Clever name, by the way! :)

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Haha maybe I need to go get drug tested or something. I had actually looked through a bunch of your old Pearsei posts when I was considering a Bocourti ...I’m not sure why I wasn’t making the connection, sorry if I rehashed old memories, must’ve been a Freudian post!

Clever name, by the way! :)
No issue, She lived a good life. She was at least 10 years old and had been a big part of our family, always in the main living room tank. She was a fun one.

Interestingly she was a replacement for a Petsmart midas that passed at 6 years old. That one was my fault... introduced wild caught fish without doing quarantine first. That unleashed something to this day I still dont know. Lost almost the entire tank except two red hooks. Lost that poor amph. Way before its time.

So its come back to amphs again...

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Finally seeing a little aggression on the part of the Hoga in the 300. It is almost as if staged, lol. The Hoga gives 'chase' to the large Petsmart red devil. It does not look like its even real, almost as if the RD is telling the hoga to "chase me, your supposed to chase me." Its only happened a couple times around feeding but a bit of growth on the part of the Hoga I guess. I cant believe how timid it is. Really makes me lean toward female now. But at 8" I would have thought it would have went through the motions of breeding if it were female.

Reactions: Matthew1626

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I discovered something with the one you gave me over the weekend.

It appears that when I wear a dark t-shirt, he runs and hides. Wear a white one and he don't run and hide.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Update pics, finally! lol
patch group.jpg

My favorite Midas that I call 'Spot'. I love the white spot between its eyes. This one peeled really early compared to the others. Hope it keeps the coloration
spot1.jpg
spot2.jpg

My other favorite is the Petsmart Red Devil, I call it 'Patches'
patch.jpg
patch1.jpg

These two are ones I really want to keep
spot n patch.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store