best glass aquarium tank brands?

robfreitas345

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
rochester ma
i everyone is been a while since ive been on here. so id just like to say im no expert but have been doing this for a while, i have had lots of aquariums in the past and currently have a 180 gallon tank and 75 gallon tank setup. so back to my question what are the best aquarium brands? im looking for a new glass 55 or 65 gallon tank, no overflows. ive checked out marineland and aqueon and they both have horrible reviews for leaks and such. im just looking for a nice solid basic 55 or 65 gallon tank. any suggestions?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
i everyone is been a while since ive been on here. so id just like to say im no expert but have been doing this for a while, i have had lots of aquariums in the past and currently have a 180 gallon tank and 75 gallon tank setup. so back to my question what are the best aquarium brands? im looking for a new glass 55 or 65 gallon tank, no overflows. ive checked out marineland and aqueon and they both have horrible reviews for leaks and such. im just looking for a nice solid basic 55 or 65 gallon tank. any suggestions?
I don't know if there still around but All Glass was one of the best aquarium manufacturers imo.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I haven't bought a brand new tank in over 15 years and both those were Perfecto (now Marineland), one is a 75G tank and the other a 220G tank.

Just remember that reviews usually only show bad reviews and leaks and such may be due to user error in setting the tanks up properly or mishandling the tanks.

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
All Glass is now Aqueon.
Perfecto is now Marineland.
Oceanic was bought by All Glass, but the former employees now make tanks under the name Planet Aquarium
O'Dell is no longer is business
Deep Blue Aquariums is gone, but the same manufacturer sells tanks under the name Seapora (Aquarium Masters)

Aqueon is still the biggest manufacturer and will probably have the best prices. Seapora tanks look good and are priced well, but I haven't owned one personally. My Planet Aquarium tank is 13 years old and still going strong without issues. It was a little more expensive upfront, but worth it.

robfreitas345

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
rochester ma
thank you for the input everyone, yeah my 180 is made by all glass and it is a very very nice tank but apparently there no longer available. my 75 is a 5 year old aqueon and it is kind of cheaply made and i would assume they havent gotten any better. i think im going to probably check out a planet aquarium. they look pretty good on there site and there is a dealer fairly close to me.

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
thank you for the input everyone, yeah my 180 is made by all glass and it is a very very nice tank but apparently there no longer available. my 75 is a 5 year old aqueon and it is kind of cheaply made and i would assume they havent gotten any better. i think im going to probably check out a planet aquarium. they look pretty good on there site and there is a dealer fairly close to me.

If you go to dfwaquarium.com you can see all the standard sizes (and a few oddball ones) and price them (MSRP). My next tank will be a 60x30x30 from them.

Reactions: robfreitas345

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
It's hard to say who is the best as the companies have bought each other out, so many are the same just under a different name. That being said, my all glass/aqueon have always done well.

Reactions: robfreitas345

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
I've never owned one before but there is brand called aquarium masters in the west coast also and their tanks look good ...I like the way they use black silicone on their glass tanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store