2000 gallon indoor Build

Dead-pool

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2016
Great advice thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter and wednesday13 wednesday13 I truly appreciate it. I’ll keep this thing running and in 4 more trips i should have her built and start working on the liner and bulkheads

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I'm glad people who have done this jumped in. I was terrified I was going to have to do more math.
Please keep us up to date on this build
Math is harder than trial and error lol… dont sell urself short 💀🤙

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Really cool. Wish I had the space for something like this.
Keep posting

Dead-pool

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2016
Got the structure done and pond liner ordered. Will be doing that next weekend.

wednesday13 wednesday13 thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter

i was thinking of of doing EMT as the top braces. Do you thinkI need 1, 2 or 3?

i bought 12” lag bolts to drive them in. But wanted everyones opinion on quantity.

5CDFD390-3C74-4C4C-80DF-8B34CA9AA9F4.jpeg

953E9F43-E95B-481E-88E6-634E65158245.jpeg

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
What is EMT? Lol… I think i read u were doing angle iron in previous posts… i don’t think thats all that necessary. Double stacked layer of 2x4 will b plenty for ur top braces IMO. Personally id go with 2 top braces. 3 can’t hurt tho of course. With 3 it will help cut up the top for any lids u might have planned. On that note, u can do 4 braces then run 4 sheets of 4’x8’ twin wall poly carb to cover it all up well. Will mitigate any moisture issues u may have that way being in a garage. Sucks to cover it up, ull b surprised how much heat it holds that way tho even from just the insulation and ur pumps running. I never had to heat my large ponds.

Disturbed.)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
ELECTRICAL METALLIC TUBING. It should be plenty strong enough. One weakness is the thin wall and will collapse if you bang it. The biggest weakness is the attachment points. ALL-THREAD would be stronger and wouldn't collapse if you bang it, have limitless adjustment, could use smaller diameter since it's so much stronger to make it less noticeable and probably cheaper.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
ELECTRICAL METALLIC TUBING. It should be plenty strong enough. One weakness is the thin wall and will collapse if you bang it. The biggest weakness is the attachment points. ALL-THREAD would be stronger and wouldn't collapse if you bang it, have limitless adjustment, could use smaller diameter since it's so much stronger to make it less noticeable and probably cheaper.
Aye 💀🤙 thanks for the description.

Reactions: Disturbed.)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store