can pacu fish break tank

fishermatt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2023
I mean some foot long guys can work in a 40b, just they are all long bois, like the smallest of the Bichir, Ropefish, and Eels.
Given how dense and thick a pacu is, a 3 ft tank is definitely not suitable. Plus they get way too big for any "normal" size aquarium anyway. To be frank, it might be best to rehome the fish. Getting smaller similar fish like scats or silver dollars would be my advice

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Zmouvek

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2022
a bottomless pit.
Given how dense and thick a pacu is, a 3 ft tank is definitely not suitable. Plus they get way too big for any "normal" size aquarium anyway. To be frank, it might be best to rehome the fish. Getting smaller similar fish like scats or silver dollars would be my advice
Yeah, I was saying that not all fish that are 1' are invalid for the size, just that those fish are.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
You can put in lots of hardy plants. They will consume the nitrates and reduce the algae
Sounds great in theory. My pacus are curious fish. They will chew, destroy or eat anything and everything in their tank that they can get their teeth on or smash into, including non-food items like suction cups and bulkheads.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store