Moose on the Loose

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Wow RD! It's like the Possum Lodge out there!

Here in Clovis, geese, duck or opossum would be the biggest game seen. (And 10,000 house cats.)

I saw a coyote in town once, 20 years ago.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
O oh, Binky got out again!

I just had a momma deer and her baby in the yard yesterday before a flash evening thunderstorm. And now black bears are showing up in the city limits and Arlington VA...probably from western MD.

We got it all going on here

Possums
Raccoons
Foxes
Deer (whitetail in colors from red to golden buff)
Groundhogs
various snakes
geese
owls
random eagles
crows
Pickers (eastern version)
Otters
And the usual boring cats and dogs

Ain't nuthin' but wild kingdom here!
1716907128053.png

Last edited:

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
FINWIN FINWIN what are pickers (eastern version)? Only thing I can think of is woodpeckers.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
There's only one Woodpecker in the U.S. or Canada that has a crest; it's the Pileated...the quintessential "Woody Woodpecker" :)... which is the size of a crow. But there are lots of other species that are much more likely in your area, none of which have crests; Hairy, Downy, Sapsuckers, Flickers, Red-headed, Red-bellied. They're all a lot smaller, but they're still Woodpeckers.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Pileated woodpeckers are especially awesome due to their size, looks, calls and behavior. I occasionally get some visitors to my bird feeders and always know when one or two are around.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
This bold doe went into my neighbor's yard while his house was being built last summer. My fence wasn't finished so she just walked through everyone's yard before stopping to eat. A no-show once they dug for the foundation!

hungry 1.jpg

hungry 2.jpg

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
And here's one of the woodchucks...no thanks to "Phil" I had to get a buried gate fence for my patio because they kept digging huge holes under it. They're good climbers and can squeeze into tight places. The biggest ones look like small dogs. This one went into someone's yard across the street and ate her flowers.

phil 1.jpg

phil 2.jpg

phil 3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store