The Red Devil Diary

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Doing those couple steps, waiting till dark and turning off the lights takes away all the glare and reflections. So you get clear pics of said fish.

View attachment 1543511

See, no glare, no reflections. Just clear picture of Casper.
Yeah those are great. Man Casper was a beauty! He was around 11 inches right?

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
He was right at 12in there
He looks pretty thick right there, at what size did his growth slow down and he just started filling out? I’ve noticed that Amph juvies are incredibly thin and tall but turn into brick houses when they’re fully grown. They’re not scaled up versions of themselves but are quite literally built different lol.

Reactions: Jexnell

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
UPDATE:

So it’s day 2 and Kratos has been a LOT better, activity levels through the roof and he’s immediately at the front of the tank when he sees me. He’s looking great and his color has improved since.
One teeny tiny problem though- he still refuses the pellets but chomps down on the flakes. It’s a bit odd cause he prefers floating food, goes after the pellets immediately then spits it out, tries it again, then spits it out. Repeats like 3-4 times and then ignores it completely. The flakes, he goes after the ones floating on the surface but the ones that start to sink he ignores. Weirdest eater I’ve ever had lol.

Maybe I can try starving him for a couple days and see if he gives in? If that doesn’t work then do the garlic trick?

Reactions: Jexnell and Matth05

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
UPDATE:

So it’s day 2 and Kratos has been a LOT better, activity levels through the roof and he’s immediately at the front of the tank when he sees me. He’s looking great and his color has improved since.
One teeny tiny problem though- he still refuses the pellets but chomps down on the flakes. It’s a bit odd cause he prefers floating food, goes after the pellets immediately then spits it out, tries it again, then spits it out. Repeats like 3-4 times and then ignores it completely. The flakes, he goes after the ones floating on the surface but the ones that start to sink he ignores. Weirdest eater I’ve ever had lol.

Maybe I can try starving him for a couple days and see if he gives in? If that doesn’t work then do the garlic trick?
If it’s only the 2nd day, just give it some time. You can also try a different brand. Not sure if soaking in garlic will do much more since many of pellets already have garlic in them. Do a search on the forum about the best fish food, there’s been plenty of conversations about it.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
If it’s only the 2nd day, just give it some time. You can also try a different brand. Not sure if soaking in garlic will do much more since many of pellets already have garlic in them. Do a search on the forum about the best fish food, there’s been plenty of conversations about it.
Thanks, I’ll check that out. For now I’ll play the long game by starving him for a few days and see if he gives in. Stubborn lil bugger Lol.

Reactions: Jexnell and Matth05
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store