Birding!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah I learned how coyotes and wolves bait and ambush dogs.
We had a neighbour in Ontario who was quite anti-hunting and allowed nobody to hunt on her property...until a coyote sashayed into her yard in broad daylight and snatched up her little rat-sized dog and took off with it. After that she was very insistent that when I went coyote hunting I would start and/or end my route on her land. She still didn't want "her" deer or turkeys or rabbits to be shot, but 'yotes were definitely on her hit list.

Duke sounds off when he hears them, but he seems to know that they represent danger and he takes no chances.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
We had a neighbour in Ontario who was quite anti-hunting and allowed nobody to hunt on her property...until a coyote sashayed into her yard in broad daylight and snatched up her little rat-sized dog and took off with it. After that she was very insistent that when I went coyote hunting I would start and/or end my route on her land. She still didn't want "her" deer or turkeys or rabbits to be shot, but 'yotes were definitely on her hit list.
I wouldn't hunt them,she'd have to deal with them on her own

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I wouldn't hunt them,she'd have to deal with them on her own
I would, and did, and simply added her property to the extensive list of lands whose owners welcomed a coyote hunter with open arms. Dogs, cats, calves, lambs, fawns, turkeys...coyotes prey upon many things that various people value highly, and in farm country pretty much every hand is raised against them.

My wife has a full-length coyote coat...guess where those skins came from? And my first car, my first motorcycle, my current boat...all were paid for largely with the proceeds of coyote pelts, which in some years are very valuable.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I would, and did, and simply added her property to the extensive list of lands whose owners welcomed a coyote hunter with open arms. Dogs, cats, calves, lambs, fawns, turkeys...coyotes prey upon many things that various people value highly, and in farm country pretty much every hand is raised against them.

My wife has a full-length coyote coat...guess where those skins came from? And my first car, my first motorcycle, my current boat...all were paid for largely with the proceeds of coyote pelts, which in some years are very valuable.
Yeah,I get all of that and my point was that I wouldn't be willing to help out that woman after she's had a change of heart after her heart was broken due to her dog being dragged off and devoured....she didn't want anyone hunting on her land and she was adamant about it so she needs to keep that position and stand on it.....well,that's how I would have viewed it.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah,I get all of that and my point was that I wouldn't be willing to help out that woman after she's had a change of heart after her heart was broken due to her dog being dragged off and devoured....she didn't want anyone hunting on her land and she was adamant about it so she needs to keep that position and stand on it.....well,that's how I would have viewed it.
Lol, I guess that I am so accustomed to being harangued by the sensitive New-Age-Man tofu fans that my default reaction is too touchy. :)

But, honestly, this old gal isn't a bad sort, even if we don't agree on many points. Her heart is in the right place, it's her brain that I question sometimes. :) I don't hunt her property as a service to her; I simply view it as just another great place to hunt, it's right next door so it's a walking hunt, no truck required. I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face if I didn't take advantage of her new-found generosity. :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol, I guess that I am so accustomed to being harangued by the sensitive New-Age-Man tofu fans that my default reaction is too touchy. :)

But, honestly, this old gal isn't a bad sort, even if we don't agree on many points. Her heart is in the right place, it's her brain that I question sometimes. :) I don't hunt her property as a service to her; I simply view it as just another great place to hunt, it's right next door so it's a walking hunt, no truck required. I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face if I didn't take advantage of her new-found generosity. :)
Fair enough lol!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Happy Father's day John. You probably would survive in the Alaska wilderness with no problem 🤣

Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store