More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Thicc Dusty (the mini midas) poses here. Along with brothers Stripey and Scooter they are the only three that stop Mongo's craziness (at least sometimes.) Dusty gives no fcs about his loopy father's antics. He's the kryptonite. Doesn't start fights but finishes them.

47.jpg

48.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Update on Buddy's progress

First, shoutout to Deadeye Deadeye for referring me to a med that will give fastest results. The peroxide and methylene blue swabs got things kicked off, along with salt. Paraguard arrived late yesterday. The swabs didn't seem to bother him too much. His slime coat is tatty to no surprise.

The dosage measure is wild. One level scoop per 10 gallons. Buddy's in a 2 gallon bucket! Trying to split that tiny scoop into 1/5 was insane (like a pinch). So instead I dampened a q-tip, dipped it in the powder and stirred it in Buddy's bucket.

I waited an hour to dose after the water change, per instructions from the Seachem site. This is to reduce shock from water parameters. Found out ALL their medications should be an hour after fresh water! First I heard of it.

Buddy is sloughing off chunks of rotted/infected fin. Looks like other loose stuff too. His bucket isn't heated but he has aeration. He has peace and quiet and I'm minimizing light. I may put in a small piece of silk plant for him to nest around.

In the 125 I added about 3lbs salt. The fish watched, gathered around and started eating it!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Update on Buddy's progress

First, shoutout to Deadeye Deadeye for referring me to a med that will give fastest results. The peroxide and methylene blue swabs got things kicked off, along with salt. Paraguard arrived late yesterday. The swabs didn't seem to bother him too much. His slime coat is tatty to no surprise.

The dosage measure is wild. One level scoop per 10 gallons. Buddy's in a 2 gallon bucket! Trying to split that tiny scoop into 1/5 was insane (like a pinch). So instead I dampened a q-tip, dipped it in the powder and stirred it in Buddy's bucket.

I waited an hour to dose after the water change, per instructions from the Seachem site. This is to reduce shock from water parameters. Found out ALL their medications should be an hour after fresh water! First I heard of it.

Buddy is sloughing off chunks of rotted/infected fin. Looks like other loose stuff too. His bucket isn't heated but he has aeration. He has peace and quiet and I'm minimizing light. I may put in a small piece of silk plant for him to nest around.

In the 125 I added about 3lbs salt. The fish watched, gathered around and started eating it!
First I’ve heard of that rule as well.
I should mention the med was polyguard - not sure if it’s a typo on your end or you ordered paraguard instead (which is more of an ich med to my knowledge).

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
8 inch HRPs?! Those are massive lol
The scale in the pics is sometimes off because of camera angle. Although they look comparatively "small" next to the hulking ones its really deceptive. Mongo, Slade and Squiggy are a solid 6" and about 2" tall. Same with Buddy.

Biggest ones: Stripey, Bruce (yet another growth spurt), Brutus, and Scooter. Scooter is massive but a bit shorter. Smallest males are Shade and Mote. Those two are 4 1/2 to 5". Considerring how small Mote was as a fry that ain't bad.

Buddy and Bumper share the same flowerhorn type build. Buddy's larger at 6", Bumper is about 5 1/2". Buddy has the blue tail, Bumper the blue top fin.

Females range from 2 1/2" to nearly 5". A lot more variable. Some of the larger females gained size after not having fry but some are just larger anyway.

Reactions: Matth05

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
The scale in the pics is sometimes off because of camera angle. Although they look comparatively "small" next to the hulking ones its really deceptive. Mongo, Slade and Squiggy are a solid 6" and about 2" tall. Same with Buddy.

Biggest ones: Stripey, Bruce (yet another growth spurt), Brutus, and Scooter. Scooter is massive but a bit shorter. Smallest males are Shade and Mote. Those two are 4 1/2 to 5". Considerring how small Mote was as a fry that ain't bad.

Buddy and Bumper share the same flowerhorn type build. Buddy's larger at 6", Bumper is about 5 1/2". Buddy has the blue tail, Bumper the blue top fin.

Females range from 2 1/2" to nearly 5". A lot more variable. Some of the larger females gained size after not having fry but some are just larger anyway.
What the heck are you feeding these things!?

• Haha
Reactions: FINWIN
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store