Upcoming Movies and TV shows

ken31cay

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
I loved all of the above myself from the last posts, some of my other favorite tv series from the last decade or so: Fringe (sci-fi), Game of Thrones, Grimm (fantasy). More recently watched and liked Fallout (I thought this was entertaining enough), and watching Dark Matter (sci-fy) right now. My wife will watch almost anything I put on.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I loved all of the above myself from the last posts, some of my other favorite tv series from the last decade or so: Fringe (sci-fi), Game of Thrones, Grimm (fantasy). More recently watched and liked Fallout (I thought this was entertaining enough), and watching Dark Matter (sci-fy) right now. My wife will watch almost anything I put on.
Fallout was good. I haven’t played the games, but still the show did a great job at capturing the video game aesthetic. Overall it blended both the comedic and dark elements really well.

On the other end of the show spectrum, I just got into Parks and Recreation and it is hilarious.

Also, not a show but a movie. Godzilla Minus One was amazing. The human story was actually really well done (and the English dub sounded great). It really feels like one of the 50s movies, just with modern vfx.

Reactions: ken31cay

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Maybe not the absolute pinnacle, IMHO, but it's certainly in the top 5 or 10% for me as well.
Of course, personal taste and preference play a big part in what anyone believes to be a great series. Plenty of good ones about, but not so many truly great ones, and even fewer spectacularly great. I consider Breaking Bad to be the only one I've seen so far which was spectacularly great, nothing else comes close (but then again there are possibly hundreds I've never seen).

Other great ones, only imo obviously, but none anywhere near the calibre of breaking bad, are the likes of game of thrones, house of cards, the sopranos, peaky blinders, dexter, the wire, better call Saul, banshee, Yellowstone, sons of anarchy, prison break, and maybe a handful of others I've forgotten about.

By the way, have you seen the second Dexter series, new blood I think it's called, the one that follows on from where he supposedly rode off head first into the tidal wave at the end of the original series?

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
By the way, have you seen the second Dexter series, new blood I think it's called, the one that follows on from where he supposedly rode off head first into the tidal wave at the end of the original series?
I hadn't even heard of that, thanks for the heads-up; I must hunt that down. At the end of the original series, he dumps the body and then rockets off into the teeth of the storm...but after the credits play, he is shown, bearded and bedragged, walking through a tiny rural town, obviously preparing us for the sequel series.

God forbid that a series should just come to The End. Can't avoid the chance of leaving any blood in the stone unsqueezed, and having the story end on a money-making high note of quality. Much better to suck all the life, and quality, out of the production so that when it is finally cancelled, you are so sick of the crappy depths to which it has sunk that you're happy never to see it again.

Maybe that won't happen here...we shall see...

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Maybe that won't happen here...we shall see...
That's usually what happens. A lot of shows that can be wrapped up in 2 or 3 seasons get dragged out and needlessly ruined.

I thought the Dexter sequel was quite good. Obviously he didn't get finished off in the storm, that you already know. He's in a little town in the middle of nowhere, his chequered past behind him, trying to forge a new and very under the radar existence for himself.

But all that goes south, lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I recently had a look at the trailer for the Gladiator sequel that's coming out this November and it's got me looking forward to seeing it on the big screen..

Reactions: Caperguy99

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Just saw mention of a new series called "Territory" starring Robert Taylor, who played the title role in "Longmire", a favourite of mine. It's set in the Australian outback; sounds like Yellowstone with kangaroos. Looking forward to it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Has anyone seen Hillbilly Elegy,on Netflix?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store