Challenging order from the Wetspot

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
If you get pipe fish fry what do you feed them, any special requirements?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My power went out yesterday so I have a challenge ahead not just the pipefish but my other fish as well.
Have a battery operated pump for the pipefish. Hopefully the temperature doesn't get to low.

• Wow
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Dang broskoto, hoping the best. Is it back on yet? Whereabouts do you live? Is it cold?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's out but my daughter said their the utility company is working on the power line now. My daughter witness the transformer get struck by lightning caught fire and exploded.
Power still out also heard possibly another day . Tbh I'm great full that the structure of my home was not effected like some others. It was confirmed by the local news stations that it was in fact a EF1 tornado in our area Tuesday afternoon. More than 3,000 are still without power.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: danotaylor and AR1

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
How is everything going? Is the power back on yet?
How are the fish coping?
The power was back on when I got home from work. I won't know about the fish until the aquarium lights come on. Yesterday before leaving for work the fish up stairs were ok. Hopefully the fish in the aquarium in the basement will be alive. We were told that the utility company originally were going to have power restored on the 14th. I really appreciate that the utility company got the power back on earlier. I told my daughter that I may lose fish but I was ok with that because some people homes were damaged and ours were un touched. Thank you for your concern appreciate that have a great day.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
All fish are ok with the exception of a amazon bumblebee catfish. It hides sometimes so hopefully it's ok. Did test a couple of the aquariums and parameters were surprisingly good. I was thinking that by me not filling my aquariums all the way up may have helped. I say this because non of the fish were at the surface. Also non of the aquariums are overstocked. I did pour water over the media for a couple of aquariums. Only have 2 battery operated air pumps going to order 2 more. The batteries lasted the 2 days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store