The Use of Probiotics in Aquaculture

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I’ve been using bio clean and it’s just like dr Tim’s waste away, but on steroids and 100th the price.
Holy crap! Is the product actually called "waste away"???

Dr. Tim needs to find a new advertising agency...:)

Reactions: cockroach

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I am definitely going to use this stuff now and moving forward, especially with another O on the horizon. I loved my red monster to pieces but cleaning/maintenance of filters was a PAIN when he got really big. When Brick was an 8 inch juvie I would get constant brown algae blooms in the 225 from his waste output. The blooms covered EVERYTHING substrate, decor and the side walls. All from Brick's piles. You would think I hadn't done a damn thing for months.

Reactions: cockroach and AR1

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I'm going to try this. Based on dosage it should last me a looong time and has a shelf life of 3-5 years. A lot of the bacterial products for 'regular' tanks are sure overpriced and you would be buying constantly. Your best bet is the pond stuff. I'll give an update on how well it works.

1726496968363.png

Reactions: AR1

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I'm going to try this. Based on dosage it should last me a looong time and has a shelf life of 3-5 years. A lot of the bacterial products for 'regular' tanks are sure overpriced and you would be buying constantly. Your best bet is the pond stuff. I'll give an update on how well it works.

View attachment 1549317

Actually, your best bet is to buy some of the dry septic formulas that have been mentioned in this topic. They pretty much last forever, and cost a fraction of what any product marketed for aquatics will cost. They all use the same or very similar bacteria.

With big waste producers one still has to keep up with water changes and filter maintenance, but the added bacteria certainly help.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Actually, your best bet is to buy some of the dry septic formulas that have been mentioned in this topic. They pretty much last forever, and cost a fraction of what any product marketed for aquatics will cost. They all use the same or very similar bacteria.

With big waste producers one still has to keep up with water changes and filter maintenance, but the added bacteria certainly help.
I was comparing prices on the dry stuff but everything I saw was smaller quantities. Nobody seems to have it in bulk. I saw the Earthworm and Rid Ex, but the packs/containers were relatively small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store