Bought very injured pleco, need advice

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
See, FINWIN FINWIN , there you go! You are displaying the same sort of hypocrisy that I was bemoaning (and admitting to!) earlier. You ridicule people who display affection towards their dogs...while coddling your fish and describing their antics as though they were precocious children...and then turning around and brutally slaying a few innocent insects! They wanted nothing more than the chance to land on your dinnerplate after walking around on a fresh dog turd outside! What makes their hopes and dreams any less valid than yours or mine?

This is the sort of blatant Speciesism that will be the downfall of civilization! Say one thing, do another; pay lip service to the idea of equality and dignity for all living things, but crush them beneath your iron will the moment it fits your hidden agenda!

I say that we should rise up and rebel against your evil brand of Humanistic Totalitarianism! Say NO to the enslavement and exploitation of our non-human brethren! Equality for all living things!

If we can live in a world where all humans everywhere can co-exist peacefully and with dignity, we certainly should be able to extend that peace to other living beings; all we need to do is...

...oh...wait...

Never mind.

Do those shoes come in size 13?

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I had pot roast for dinner yesterday, the day before, chicken the day before that and fish every weekend...

AND I have a nice fat lamb roast that will be cooked before thanksgiving. So I have street cred. Just sayin'...

(roach killer shoes up to size 15. Not that you'd wanna tell anybody. They're known for curling up in the rain!)

1724775234325.png

1724775267924.png
1724775415724.png

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
“Speciesism” huh 🤔…what are you not telling us John?
Not a thing; open book all the way!

I'm just working hard to maintain my spot on the cutting edge of modern-day woke PC thinking; quick to take offence and eager to reciprocate. Everybody is entitled to my own opinion.

I'm a New Age Man through and through! :)

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Not a thing; open book all the way!

I'm just working hard to maintain my spot on the cutting edge of modern-day woke PC thinking; quick to take offence and eager to reciprocate. Everybody is entitled to my own opinion.

I'm a New Age Man through and through! :)
So what you’re saying is that you’re a Giga Chad. Well then, carry on

1724884337343.jpeg

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Is that what I am saying? Beats me; I can't understand half the trendy lingo nowadays. "Giga Chad"???

IMHO, that guy looks like he probably believes all that stuff...I might have to put him in his place... :ROFL:

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Is that what I am saying? Beats me; I can't understand half the trendy lingo nowadays. "Giga Chad"???

IMHO, that guy looks like he probably believes all that stuff...I might have to put him in his place... :ROFL:
My sausage-fingered friend, Giga Chad, means a stereotypical alpha male. Think Hercules, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), etc. Giga Chad is usually a compliment, but it can also be used as a humorous, subtle tease to poke fun at someone with "ultra-masculine" traits.

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Aaah! Thanks, but...I don't get it. What have "alpha male" tendencies got to do with political correctness or wokeness or anything else that I was ridiculing?

I was being sarcastic about all that New Age stuff...but now I'm just confused. :)

Of course, that's par for the course for me...just another day in the world of Antisocial Media. :)

Just realized that we've veered way off course for this thread; it's not in off-topics. Apologies to the OP.

Last edited:

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Aaah! Thanks, but...I don't get it. What have "alpha male" tendencies got to do with political correctness or wokeness or anything else that I was ridiculing?

I was being sarcastic about all that New Age stuff...but now I'm just confused. :)

Of course, that's par for the course for me...just another day in the world of Antisocial Media. :)

Just realized that we've veered way off course for this thread; it's not in off-topics. Apologies to the OP.
To be honest John, I can’t keep up and have no clue either. I learned about Giga Chad from my kids and thought it meant you’re the ultimate modern man not the opposite lol. Shows what I know

Anyways, to the OP, how is your pleco doing?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store