Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
For me that free lifetime warranty is of little to no use. I do my own ordinary work. Thought my experience might be of value.
I don't see the need for anyone who knows their way around cars to get themselves lumbered with the whole scenario you describe, and then whine about it!!
Hello; Not sure how you approach a deal. I read the paperwork and check things out when I have questions. I went thru the process in order to find out as much as i could before doing the deal. Got the answer needed to know that jumping thru the hoops required to keep that "free" extra warranty in force will not be worth it for me. Not whining about it. Dotting the i's & crossing the t's. Thought the information might be of use to others. Not sure why you went where you did.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It's like people who complain incessantly about the government...but who can't be bothered to vote...
Lol, that would be me then.

I've never voted in my life, not once. That gives me licence to call our government all the names under the sun and not feel a crumb of guilt. And by golly I don't half give the blundering idiots some stick, lol.

However, if I did vote, and it was my vote which helped get them in power, then I couldn't call them anything, because I'd have helped put them in power in the first place, and that would make me an hypocrite, and also as big as an idiot as them lot, lol.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Not sure why you went where you did.
It's just my opinion that it makes a lot more sense for anybody who knows their way around a car to buy privately.

For one, the vehicles are cheaper when bought privately. Two, you can save an absolute fortune on ongoing service and maintenance costs because you do all the work yourself and aren't tied to any extortionate dealership arrangements. Three, so what if it doesn't have a warranty, it it breaks down refer to two!

My own situation is as follows. I haven't bought a car for years, I drive a company vehicle. The servicing, repairing and fuelling of my vehicle is all taken care of, I just drive it. I am very very lucky. If I didn't have that company vehicle and I had to buy my own then I'd be stumped. I know nothing about cars and I would probably fall into the category of people who go to a dealership, and get my pants pulled down regarding the reasons you speak of. And it would drive me nuts!

That is why I can't understand why you are even entertaining going to a dealership, when you know enough about vehicles to buy privately and save yourself a fortune. That is the point I was making.

Reactions: tlindsey

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
It's just my opinion that it makes a lot more sense for anybody who knows their way around a car to buy privately.

For one, the vehicles are cheaper when bought privately. Two, you can save an absolute fortune on ongoing service and maintenance costs because you do all the work yourself and aren't tied to any extortionate dealership arrangements. Three, so what if it doesn't have a warranty, it it breaks down refer to two!

My own situation is as follows. I haven't bought a car for years, I drive a company vehicle. The servicing, repairing and fuelling of my vehicle is all taken care of, I just drive it. I am very very lucky. If I didn't have that company vehicle and I had to buy my own then I'd be stumped. I know nothing about cars and I would probably fall into the category of people who go to a dealership, and get my pants pulled down regarding the reasons you speak of. And it would drive me nuts!

That is why I can't understand why you are even entertaining going to a dealership, when you know enough about vehicles to buy privately and save yourself a fortune. That is the point I was making.
Hello; OK good points.

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store