Got My New Tank!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
If not the Oscar, definitely one of the other fish. They are getting to a size where they realize the danios are potentially on the menu.

Reactions: Kustrud

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Alright, so my Oscar is insane. He gets crazy excited when I go to feed them. I can stick my hand in and touch him and he could care less, it's like he loves people lol! Anyway, opened the lid to sprinkle some food in and he literally jumped out and over the side and hit the floor before I could even drop the food in he was so excited!

Put him back in the tank and he looked confused for a minute and then just started eating like normal! He's wild!

• Love
Reactions: AR1 and Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Alright, so my Oscar is insane. He gets crazy excited when I go to feed them. I can stick my hand in and touch him and he could care less, it's like he loves people lol! Anyway, opened the lid to sprinkle some food in and he literally jumped out and over the side and hit the floor before I could even drop the food in he was so excited!

Put him back in the tank and he looked confused for a minute and then just started eating like normal! He's wild!
I had a blood parrot do that in the past - they definitely get excited by food.

Reactions: AR1

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Pictures suck during the day with the glare on the tank but wanted to try and get all of them together! Got all 9 in one pic lol! Tank is good, and everyone healthy! Oscar is getting absolutely huge compared to the others now! 80% Water change every other week and skip feeding on the weekends. Did a "test" and took 3 weeks with no change to hit 20 PPM nitrates. Water absolutely crystal clear as well! 1.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Pictures suck during the day with the glare on the tank but wanted to try and get all of them together! Got all 9 in one pic lol! Tank is good, and everyone healthy! Oscar is getting absolutely huge compared to the others now! 80% Water change every other week and skip feeding on the weekends. Did a "test" and took 3 weeks with no change to hit 20 PPM nitrates. Water absolutely crystal clear as well! View attachment 1548617View attachment 1548617View attachment 1548618View attachment 1548619View attachment 1548620View attachment 1548621
Beautiful fish and a spotless tank!

Reactions: AR1 and Kustrud

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Finally have an update that's not so great. Good news is that the tank has been flawless! Clean, stable, easy, etc. etc. However, turned the lights on yesterday AM to my Firemouth looking a bit tattered and lethargic. He's always been beautiful and very active. Came in this AM and he was upside down and dead on the bottom. All other fish completely fine. I think I know what happened though.....The FM always chased and bullied the little Green Terror (GT was much smaller)....well after about 6 months + the GT is almost the same size as the FM. I noticed yesterday AM that the GT was flaring at and chasing the FM. I wonder if he finally had enough and turned the tables on him. Nothing has been added to or changed in the tank for 6 + months.

troublesum

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
I'd be careful of that petsmart center piece you have, i had one and the water gets inside and will start to smell unless you throw a bubbler in it to circulate the water it turn stall inside

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store