Current stock.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Tank is a mess right now. I didn’t have a vision and just threw stuff in during last water change 🤷‍♂️. And I need to scrub the glass in just realizing lol. Tank is mainly American cichlids which I’m planning on moving.

View attachment 1548726
If you remove the American cichlids, you could do bichirs ( endli, ornate, delhezi, Senegal, mokelemembe, lapradei, cb ansorgii). Top dwellers can consist of odoe pike, hujeta gar etc

Americancichlidsaredabest

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
If you remove the American cichlids, you could do bichirs ( endli, ornate, delhezi, Senegal, mokelemembe, lapradei, cb ansorgii). Top dwellers can consist of odoe pike, hujeta gar etc
Gotcha. Is there any concern with the larger species like endlis and ornates getting to large? Should I try to just stick with the smaller species like senegals, delhezis, etc.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Gotcha. Is there any concern with the larger species like endlis and ornates getting to large? Should I try to just stick with the smaller species like senegals, delhezis, etc.
Nope. Your tank is 6ft so should have adequate space for a long time. Might even last long term for the lower jaws (besides congi). Especially if you aren’t getting WC bichirs you should be fine.

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
Nope. Your tank is 6ft so should have adequate space for a long time. Might even last long term for the lower jaws (besides congi). Especially if you aren’t getting WC bichirs you should be fine.
Awesome! How many do ya think I can get in there for a good carpet look?

Reactions: AR1

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
This honestly depends on you. Do you want to grow them out? Or do you want them to be medium size to begin with?
I’d want to grow them out at around 4-8 inches but i do want them to be able to live for life. Could I do a senegal, delhezi, mokelmbe, and a endi and A few others? Also would an american tiger be ok with the hujeta gars and bichirs?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I’d want to grow them out at around 4-8 inches but i do want them to be able to live for life. Could I do a senegal, delhezi, mokelmbe, and a endi and A few others? Also would an american tiger be ok with the hujeta gars and bichirs?
I personally wouldn’t trust an endli and moke together due to size differences, but I’ve seen it work before.

I suggest getting the bichirs around 8-10” to begin with, so your tank won’t look so empty.
Start 1-2 x endli at a smaller size compared to the rest of the bichirs, they would grow faster compared to the other upperjaws and have a reputation of cannibalism when younger.

I don’t have experience with American tigers, or hujeta, I’ll let other ppl chime in. I know hujeta gar and bichirs is okay, but I’m not sure if hujeta are suitable with tigers.

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
I personally wouldn’t trust an endli and moke together due to size differences, but I’ve seen it work before.

I suggest getting the bichirs around 8-10” to begin with, so your tank won’t look so empty.
Start 1-2 x endli at a smaller size compared to the rest of the bichirs, they would grow faster compared to the other upperjaws and have a reputation of cannibalism when younger.

I don’t have experience with American tigers, or hujeta, I’ll let other ppl chime in. I know hujeta gar and bichirs is okay, but I’m not sure if hujeta are suitable with tigers.
I’m ok with an emptyish look to start because I like watching them grow. I was gonna get some like senegals, dels, and palmas to start and then get an endi later because they grow faster. I just have to start clearing out my current stock first. My lfs said they could take the fish and give me store credit so I’ll probably do that.

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
Do you think I could keep my blood parrot as I really like him? He’s mostly a midlevel fish and sticks to himself for the most part.

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store