Midevil growth thread

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Yeah, it’s hard to tell its exact size, but I’d guess it’s between 5 to 6 inches.

Also, I wanted to ask about the venting process. Does it stress the fish out a lot? Do they continue to sulk afterward? I want to determine the sex of mine, but I’m worried about causing too much stress.

Mark Pogarasteanu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2012
Bucharest, Romania
Yeah, it’s hard to tell its exact size, but I’d guess it’s between 5 to 6 inches.

Also, I wanted to ask about the venting process. Does it stress the fish out a lot? Do they continue to sulk afterward? I want to determine the sex of mine, but I’m worried about causing too much stress.
Yeah, she's probably about that size.
Mine never sulked after venting ( I kept flowerhorns in the past, lots of them, midevils and carpintis), but you can damage them while catching, damage their slime coat when holding, or they cand thrash and land on the floor - mine did.
Probably the best time is when you do a water change, as the lower water level will make it easier to catch them. Also, you can hold them using a wet towel, it's less damaging for their mucus coating.

Reactions: AR1

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
If your fish is food motivated at all you can vent that way.
As seen here I tease my Oscar with some food and she swims nearly vertical to get it as soon as it hits the water.
20171221_010658(0).jpg
Then use the zoom function in editing 20171221_210714.jpg
And you can vent your fish stress free. Two small holes is a male. One small one bigger it's female

Mark Pogarasteanu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2012
Bucharest, Romania
If your fish is food motivated at all you can vent that way.
As seen here I tease my Oscar with some food and she swims nearly vertical to get it as soon as it hits the water.
View attachment 1549272
Then use the zoom function in editing View attachment 1549273
And you can vent your fish stress free. Two small holes is a male. One small one bigger it's female
Your method works just fine 👍
20240915_154805.jpg

cichlids209

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Lakewood WA
Midevil grow extremely fast just like the real deal Midas or red devil .I bought my old guy at 6 inches had him in a 55 until he was about 8-9 inches 3 months or so then a 135 to himself he was 16 inches long and about 8 inches tall when he died had him about 4.5 years then he got a bruise on his Nuchal hump while I was at work and died a few days later miss that fish .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store