Super Red Monkey Info?

Potat0e

Feeder Fish
Jul 22, 2024
Hello all,

I’ve been trying to look for more information about grooming SRM’s and I can’t really find much information about them.

I bought an SRM about 2 months ago. It was supposed to be a male but now I’m thinking it might be a female.

How long do they normally take to get fully red/fade?

Any info/advice about them would be greatly appreciated!

I’m feeding hikari blood red parrot, hikari cichlid gold, omega one cichlid pellets, bug bites, extreme cichlid pellets and veggie pellets from north fin.

I have also attached some pictures. One is from the person I bought it from, 2nd pic is of the fish now and third is the best picture I could get of it’s vent.

D2E663C5-4CED-4BF7-9745-5230E659E94D.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

Reactions: Deadeye

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Hello all,

I’ve been trying to look for more information about grooming SRM’s and I can’t really find much information about them.

I bought an SRM about 2 months ago. It was supposed to be a male but now I’m thinking it might be a female.

How long do they normally take to get fully red/fade?

Any info/advice about them would be greatly appreciated!

I’m feeding hikari blood red parrot, hikari cichlid gold, omega one cichlid pellets, bug bites, extreme cichlid pellets and veggie pellets from north fin.

I have also attached some pictures. One is from the person I bought it from, 2nd pic is of the fish now and third is the best picture I could get of it’s vent.

View attachment 1549647

View attachment 1549648

View attachment 1549649
Welcome to MFK
Deadeye Deadeye
danotaylor danotaylor

Reactions: Deadeye and Potat0e

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Welcome to the forum!
The vent looks male to me, but a clearer pic would help.
I wouldn’t be too much help for color other than that sometimes they never fully fade.

Reactions: AR1

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Agree with Deadeye Deadeye that the vent looks male, but d/t the lack of sharp focus on the pic it's tough to be sure. The dorsal and anal fin angles would tend to support male as well, but it's a young fish, so 🤷‍♂️ With regards to color, I've never kept FH's so I have no wisdom to offer mate :popcorn:
It definitely looks happier & healthier in your tank as well!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store