4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I figured out the only way I'm going to get this thing done and have gf is to sacrifice some sleep to the fish gods. Starting tomorrow morning it's up at 6 am applying a coat of Permadri before work each day until I'm done. Going to try to get two coats a day in if the gf is available to help. I think she wants it done more than I do at this point if you can believe that.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Sounds like you found a good one. Dose she have a sister in Iowa?

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
nolapete;4069429; said:
I figured out the only way I'm going to get this thing done and have gf is to sacrifice some sleep to the fish gods. Starting tomorrow morning it's up at 6 am applying a coat of Permadri before work each day until I'm done. Going to try to get two coats a day in if the gf is available to help. I think she wants it done more than I do at this point if you can believe that.
how many coats left to finished?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Already in the works. Fortunately, her mom works for a jewelry store, so anything we want we get at cost.

Worked tonight on the tank after I left her house. I decided to go ahead and put the mesh tape on some of the plywood seams that were uneven and on the join between the hard rubber and plywood. Glad I did. It is going to be nice once I get the rest of the coats on it.

About 13 more coats to finish out I think. I'm sure I could apply it thicker and have less coats, but I'm liking the thin coat/fast cure time. I'll only have to give it a week after the last coat before test filling this way.

I'm in no rush. I'd rather do it right and take my time than rush it and end up regretting it.

The ceiling still needs to be finished too and my friend who was helping me with that has been working late hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store