4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlittle1116

Feeder Fish
May 24, 2012
Texas
Hey Pete, wow what an amazing glimpse into your life...Thank you for sharing with us your journey. I really felt like i was reading one of those books that was sooo good that you can't put it down. it feels like we've reached the climax and now we're hanging on the cliff in anticipation. This build is just the side story, look at what all has happened and yet you still trudge on. I'm thoughly impressed with your tenacity and drive. Congratulations on your marraige and the birth of your son. You must be on top of the world right now. I stumbled on your thread totally by chance just a few short days ago while i was researching upflow algae scubbers, and really forgot about my research and delved into your fantastic story. Dude, keep the spirit aflame and you will persevere. You have inspired me to get through my minute troubles on my measley 180 gallon D.A.S aquarium restoration. Thank you once again Pete,

Your neighbor in Texas.....Darron

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot when I login and find posts like these!

We've been in the state of delirium for the past three weeks with the lack of sleep and trying to get the baby on a schedule of some sort. I go back to work in a week, so that's not going to be fun at all.

Hoop

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2009
Washington, D.C.
We need to get Dieselmack down there to get this bad boy tank running. With all the years of effort put into the tank and the awesome size of the tank, it would be a shame to just be torn down and scrapped. Bringing in a pro like Diesel Mack or VL Design to get this tank up to snuff and holding water would be well worth the cost. Hopefully Pete doesn't listen to the people calling to turn it into a terrarium and keeps it a fish tank, because this would be one heck of a tank if it can hold water.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Umm, the tank will never be torn down and scrapped, and as far as pro goes, VL's current tank is my design, as is John's two tanks other than the floor. Never have heard of Diesel Mack. If you read the thread you'll see that I only have about 6-8 weeks of actual work in the tank. Sure, that's elapsed over several years, but then again if you read the thread through you'd know that life has happened along the way.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot when I login and find posts like these!

We've been in the state of delirium for the past three weeks with the lack of sleep and trying to get the baby on a schedule of some sort. I go back to work in a week, so that's not going to be fun at all.

it gets better, took us 5 monthes for our lil mfker to sleep threw the night. just remember it will end.. and youll miss them being so cute and tiny.. atm my 8 month old is chewing the heck out of her fishy teether while im cruising the forums.. now its the challenge of is it worth saying no.. and dealing with the ensueing tantrum.. lol. the first time she slapped her hand on her fishtank, enthralled with the fish within made the sleepless nights prior all worth it.

Hoop

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2009
Washington, D.C.
Umm, the tank will never be torn down and scrapped, and as far as pro goes, VL's current tank is my design, as is John's two tanks other than the floor. Never have heard of Diesel Mack. If you read the thread you'll see that I only have about 6-8 weeks of actual work in the tank. Sure, that's elapsed over several years, but then again if you read the thread through you'd know that life has happened along the way.
Thats great news Pete that the build will continue! This tank is going to be amazing when it is done. Makes sense that VL's tank and John's tank use the same structural design as yours, since your tank is certainly strong enough just some issues with the water proofing product/application.

Good luck on getting the leak worked out.

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
lol your little one will sleep soon enough, don't fret, take turns and it'll be alright. My youngest son is 3 weeks old today, my oldest son is 20 months now and my daughter is 3 years old (39months). Each has been different but they do get on a cycle and sleep several hour stretches (5-7) a few months in at the latest. This thread is an awesome glimpse into your life as much as its about the tank. I have to say I've enjoyed all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store