4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
I can't even comprehend 4300 gallons inside my house. I've read every page of this build, examined every photo, and still have trouble wrapping my head around your indoor swimming pool. Maybe one day i'll be that "monster". Until then you're my hero

warderkous

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
Port Hueneme, CA
I am going to be watching this thread intently. Where did you get the plans for this build. Can you email them or were the purchased from somewhere

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
warderkous;3628129; said:
I am going to be watching this thread intently. Where did you get the plans for this build. Can you email them or were the purchased from somewhere
I designed it and the plans are from within my head. I developed it from Joe's 1700 shark tank build and necroanis' catfish tank, but it's conceptually different from both. It's like Joe's in that it's like a boat built inside out and using large columns as framing. It's like necroanis' in that the boards are right next to each other making up the structure. My own idea to go horizontal and overlap the corners which I think makes it unique from every other build I've ever seen. Ever play with Lincoln Logs when you were a kid? If so, you'll see some familiarity.

Ozkar

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2007
Baltimore, MD
nolapete;3629120; said:
Did another lunch work day today. About five more cuts then screw down 15 more boards and I'll be ready for acrylic.
Are you sealing in the acrylic before doing the rubberized coating?

Where's our pics fix? :D

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Yes, the acrylic will be sealed in before the liquid rubber coating goes on and even before the plywood sheathing is installed. The acrylic is scheduled to be installed this Saturday. Let's hope everyone shows up and everything goes as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store