600 gallon acrylic tear down and rebuild or roll the dice?

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Best to do it now and not worry later… im goin on 10+ yrs of wishing i did before i filled the tank 😂. That does also attest that bulkheads do work tho lol. Another plus/positive is the bulkheads/pvc will not be in ur way for stand bracing.
Absolutely! I was already concerned about how I was going to go about building the stand and still have access to plumbing

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Short sides began to bow out a little and it is just a little over halfway full so I clamped them just to be safe while finishing the leak testing. I will either be adding some additional bracing on top or I will address it while framing it in, not quite sure yet which way I will go with it.

IMG_20240802_175427719.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: danotaylor

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
💀🤘 surprised the sides kicked out a bit… nothin u cant fix tho. Happy shes holdin out for ya man. Nice work across the board so far. One step closer…

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
💀🤘 surprised the sides kicked out a bit… nothin u cant fix tho. Happy shes holdin out for ya man. Nice work across the board so far. One step closer…
Actually after draining it the sides looked exactly the same as they did when I thought they were under stress so it may be due to how it was constructed or warped from the lack of bracing in the past? After seeing that I might not be too concerned about it. It wasn't really much at all, probably less than 1/4 inch but I am maybe a little OCD when it comes down to details sometimes

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Actually after draining it the sides looked exactly the same as they did when I thought they were under stress so it may be due to how it was constructed or warped from the lack of bracing in the past? After seeing that I might not be too concerned about it. It wasn't really much at all, probably less than 1/4 inch but I am maybe a little OCD when it comes down to details sometimes
More bracing can never hurt… the top takes the most pressure. Id bet if u capped the ends and maybe extended the width of the bracing there itd curb it. Could get away with less material running one across the center where u had ur clamps to the middle braces also tho just the same. Ive never worked with a 5’ width in all acrylic. I feel a bit responsible here as i told ya to change ur original bracing 💀… you did need those centers beefed up tho like u got now lol…

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store