600 gallon ca cichlid tank

big fish alex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
california
I have a 12 inch oscar cichlid with alot of orange. really pretty fish that has outgrown our tank. would you be interested? its Free to a good home. we think it is a female because it was nesting in the spring.

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
Hey Alex sorry I'm looking to rehome some inhabitants myself as my labiatus and red islestes are now fighting, also I don't think an O would last long in this tank and lastly I'm in Texas you are in Cali.

I would post in the classifieds section, there is a California subforum I believe, good luck to you.

Madness

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Puyallup, WA
Devils can be very territorial if not use to living with others, and the Red Isletas are aggressive little snots. They remind me (attitude wise & aggressiveness) like a bigger Convict. They can get mean.

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
yeah man, these amphilophus have such mood swings reminds me of some of my ex girlfriends, happy one moment, pissed off the next i think they are bi polar :D

now the chancho is back in the big tank and the labiatus is in time out things seem to be peaceful again... he's being a good boy for now. i need to do the inevitable and rehome one of them, the chancho and red islestes or the labiatus. hard decision.

i also have a 4" male amarillo that doesn't bother anyone, i'm sure that will change :rolleyes:

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
The fish have been in a little over a month and I'm loving this tank/cichlids! Rehomed a few: chancho, red islestes, green terror and grammodes (guy was overly aggressive and would hide/sneak attack the other fish lol). Zonatus, black belts, pearsei and sagittae have noticibly grown and most have colored up a bit more, probably due to auto water change system (loving it) and variety of foods i'm feeding 2x daily (nls large fish, hikari massivore, bio gold and 1x a week shrimp/krill)

took some pics this morning, i'll take some more tonight, since the room has so many windows, pictures do not come out so good during the day

labiatus, most people's favorite fish of the tank

group shot, zonatus, argentea, synspilim, black belt and labiatus

alfari coloring up nicely, he's a bit aggressive for his size but not too bad

lyonsi, cool fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store