600 gallon ca cichlid tank

Madness

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Puyallup, WA
You have no idea how many times I went back and forth on mine. :) I ended up sending Gage some pics and had him tell me. LOL

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
i really have been slacking on picture/video update and even updating my blog :(

a few fish grew really fast and seem to have stop (trimac, xilo, carpintas) others didn't look like they grew at all but when compared to older pics they have all grown a bit, the tank is starting to look a bit crowded and i might need to rehome some but i really like them all :(

not the best pic, will take more and a video this weekend, i'm really loving this tank though

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
thanks guys, tank is 8 x 4 x 30" high (600 gallons)

i tried to take some better pics today, about the 10 month mark tank has been set up

argentea male, still the boss of the tank although he gets chased away from the red devil/xilo area when he ventures there

his female, they are not really a pair though, no spawning or hanging out or anything lol

my favorite fish and fastest grower, trimac, he's mellowed out but still aggressive especially during feeding time

black belt and heterospilia i think squaring off, they pretty much posture but never really fight like most of the viejas

very active zonatus, probably most aggressive vieja and pushing over 8" now

beautiful bifa, cool personality too

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
labiatus and xilo seem to have paired off, anyone comes to their area and they are extremely aggressive otherwise not too bad

sagittae and amarillo seemed to have paired off too lol

a few group shots

extremely aggressive chancho rehomed to my 150 gallon stock tank which is plumbed to the main tank, he's pushing 12" now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store