Amphilophus for Cookiemonster!

GMFISHNUT

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2008
Long Island, NY
Awesome collection of some truly beautiful Amphilophus.
I've also noticed a tremendous difference in my fish since I started feeding them NLS foods.
I've noticed that the ingredients on the label are the same on many of the different foods. Does anyone know why this is so? I'm guessing they don't want to give anything away.

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
cchhcc;2608292; said:
Cookiemonster wanted to see a few pics of my amphilophus species. Here are a few random shots. Some of the fish are still with me, and some are with friends, but they're all cool fish!

Huge wild male labiatus:

Nice cit:

Trying to hybridize with a wild lab....... That's a NO-NO!

Female lab:

Wild male sagittae:

I need a new picture of that boy. He's really grown up in the last couple of months.

Young wild male lab; this one lost his big lips, but he's still hot:

Another of the same species, different specimen:

Trimac:

It's ON like Donkey Kong!

Wild female piebald lab:

Same, but a male this time:

Piebald again, but a cit this time:

.....and again:

Wild male lab:

.....and his old girlfriend:

Red and white lab........ Reagan, do you have an updated pic of this guy? I hear he's a beast!

Another one that now lives with Reagan...... male amarillo:

.....and his wife:

And a pair that puts the RED in Red Devil....... Male:

Female:

Good thing there are the red ones...... "Peach Devil" doesn't sound as bada$$ as it looks!

Incidentally, all of my fish came from Jeff Rapps. There's a cool photo thread in his vendor forum with some more pics. Enjoy!

Do you have a pic of this guy in the tank? Im curious as to what he looks like with a bit of water. LOL

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
The male is staying with a friend, and he lived in a pond before that so I really don't have any..... Sorry! I'll look around for shots of the female.....

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
orbit;2615023; said:
Do you feed these Amphs any real veggies? If so, could you please list some?
Once they go into the pond, they can feed on lots of natural veggies. Duckweed is consumed by some, but most do a bit of browsing on the algae. Basically, though, the NLS and Omega offers some good veggie nutrition.

When they were in tanks, I would offer peas to the herbivores and some of the Amphs would take those.

Ripdevil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
DMV
these amph species are by far just the all around best fish to keep! love em

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
Im on a new mission now cause of this thread.... LOL I want to exploit as much of the red out of my Midas/RD as possible! Never new they could look that good!

Thank you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store