Aussie lunglish share same tank with Royal Pleco?

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
You shouldn't have any problems.

Star-Flog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
SINGAPORE
AJFRONT said:
I HAVE EIGHT ROYAL PLECOS AND THE ONLY THING THEY BOTHER IS EACH OTHER..
AND I HAD MY 2FT MARBELED AFRICAN LUNGFISH IN WITH MY 12" ROYAL, NEVER HAD PROBLEMS....
That's greet. I've 11 Panaque pleco of vary sizes and planning to put one or two into marbled african lungfish tank (currently only 7" marbled lung in its own 2ft tank), Royal pleco will help to 'clean' leftover food and the tank clear

Star-Flog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
SINGAPORE
DarthLungFish said:
The Australian LungFish should do well with your Royal. The Tank sounds very big, which is cool! Best of Luck to you. By the way, Do you already have an Australian Lungfish, or just getting ready to get one??:)
Hi thanks for the feedback, not yet got the aussie lung and now on planning stage. As this is life-time commitment and therefore doing all the necessary research. Hoping to get one by end of year..

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Star-Flog said:
Hi thanks for the feedback, not yet got the aussie lung and now on planning stage. As this is life-time commitment and therefore doing all the necessary research. Hoping to get one by end of year..
Then good luck with that Star. I hope to see your pictures of your new Australian LungFish by the end of the year!! Good Luck!:woot: :clap

Star-Flog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
SINGAPORE
DarthLungFish said:
Then good luck with that Star. I hope to see your pictures of your new Australian LungFish by the end of the year!! Good Luck!:woot: :clap
Certainly. My new small african lungfish not eating as he new to the tank, is this common?
Thank you..

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Star-Flog said:
Certainly. My new small african lungfish not eating as he new to the tank, is this common?
Thank you..

Sorry for the wait, I have to eat and sleep ya know!:grinyes: As for your questions: I've had lungfishs for about 8 years now. The oldest being my African Marble LungFish. May I ask how big is your fish, how large is the tank? What are the other tank mates? Does it have a water current due to a power head? How long ago have you last seen it eat? Did you buy from a dealer that had it Quarantined for more than a month and had it eating? What is the PH and Temp of the Tank? All of these things "May" be a factor to why your new LungFish is not eating. PM with any more questions so I can help. And please, If anyone else has information on the matter, Please help a MFK member. Thanks.:grinyes:

Star-Flog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
SINGAPORE
DarthLungFish said:
Sorry for the wait, I have to eat and sleep ya know!:grinyes: As for your questions: I've had lungfishs for about 8 years now. The oldest being my African Marble LungFish. May I ask how big is your fish, how large is the tank? What are the other tank mates? Does it have a water current due to a power head? How long ago have you last seen it eat? Did you buy from a dealer that had it Quarantined for more than a month and had it eating? What is the PH and Temp of the Tank? All of these things "May" be a factor to why your new LungFish is not eating. PM with any more questions so I can help. And please, If anyone else has information on the matter, Please help a MFK member. Thanks.:grinyes:
Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm a newie when come to lungfish and this is my very first. :D :grinyes:
Size of my African Marble Lung : 7"
The current tank : 2ft (approx. 30 gallon)
Tankmate: None
Filtration : 2ft overhead filter power by a small pump (see photo tank set-up) and creates some current in the tank.
Fish shop: Quarantined about 3 weeks
Not eating since brough him home about 3 days ago
PH : 7 to 7.5, Temp: 27 - 30C
Isn't it lungfish suppose to be hardy and will eat anything ? :confused: :( :confused: :(

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Star-Flog said:
Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm a newie when come to lungfish and this is my very first. :D :grinyes:
Size of my African Marble Lung : 7"
The current tank : 2ft (approx. 30 gallon)
Tankmate: None
Filtration : 2ft overhead filter power by a small pump (see photo tank set-up) and creates some current in the tank.
Fish shop: Quarantined about 3 weeks
Not eating since brough him home about 3 days ago
PH : 7 to 7.5, Temp: 27 - 30C
Isn't it lungfish suppose to be hardy and will eat anything ? :confused: :( :confused: :(

First, Nice Set-up. The tank and water factors don't worry me, you got them right on track. Very Cool! :grinyes: I just don't know what to tell you....I've had my largest lungfish go for about a week not eating anything in the tank, feeders, ghost shrimp, pellets, beefheart, bloodworms and even nightcrawlers (His Favorite). Try to coach him with eating, "Hand Feed" the fish by taking the food and placing it right next to the mouth to see if he will go for it. I know my answer seems alittle "Dumb", but it does work! I hope your LungFish starts eating soon. Best of Luck, and always: IF anyone else can help, please do!!:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store