Azul Breeding Project 2024

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
They look great together mate. I’ve never kept PBass before. What is their conspecific aggression level? How big do they get? Is the 180 gonna see the project thru to the end or will you need to separate out a pair or upgrade tank size once a pair forms?

Reactions: bassinmike85

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
There can be aggression. They are cichlids. But that all depends on individual gish,tank stock etc. You can easily breed a pair of bass in a 180 min 4x2x2 tank as well. My end game is to have as many pairs of azuls as possible. so we will be seeing this all the way through.

They look great together mate. I’ve never kept PBass before. What is their conspecific aggression level? How big do they get? Is the 180 gonna see the project thru to the end or will you need to separate out a pair or upgrade tank size once a pair forms?

Reactions: danotaylor

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 thanks for the reply mate. Watching your progress :popcorn:

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Wanted to mention that these 2 azuls were not up to my expectations and were sold a while ago before i got the newer batches of azuls in.
What were the qualities that were lacking Mike? What do you look for as far as acceptable characteristics in pbass?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store