Best Ball Python Investment

elevatethis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well, pastels are already in the 150-350 range. I don't think that they'll dip much lower than that, there's going to be a lot more demand for them at that price, which IMO is a much more reasonable range.

I agree, I feel that most of those morphs listed above will eventually settle around $400-600. Just a guess - but I think what turns a lot of people off to ball pythons has been the astronomical prices for them and I think a lot of demand is going to come out of the woodwork (which helps stabilize prices) and once prices come down into a range such that people won't be so concerned with breeding them, but just owning a truly beautiful animal.

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
elevatethis;979498; said:
Well, pastels are already in the 150-350 range. I don't think that they'll dip much lower than that, there's going to be a lot more demand for them at that price, which IMO is a much more reasonable range.

I agree, I feel that most of those morphs listed above will eventually settle around $400-600. Just a guess - but I think what turns a lot of people off to ball pythons has been the astronomical prices for them and I think a lot of demand is going to come out of the woodwork (which helps stabilize prices) and once prices come down into a range such that people won't be so concerned with breeding them, but just owning a truly beautiful animal.

BINGO!

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
But when someone finds that one morph is the key to locking another morph... the prices can indeed go up. I know what you mean about someone flooding the market like you mentioned. Wish i could get a mojave for 800. Obviously dom and co dom morphs will come down in price quickly (can't wait to see how much the "zebra" JCP is going to fetch in 5 years). Shame I am not a fan of piebalds or albinos lol.

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
I remember seeing hatchling Albino Burms at the Ohio show years ago for $1500 each. Now they can be had for $125.

The Balls will all come down as well as more and more are available. Me, im still waiting for the albino boas to hit the $300 mark and then I will add one as a pet. :)

cichla1004

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Florida
walls;979838; said:
I remember seeing hatchling Albino Burms at the Ohio show years ago for $1500 each. Now they can be had for $125.

The Balls will all come down as well as more and more are available. Me, im still waiting for the albino boas to hit the $300 mark and then I will add one as a pet. :)
You hit the nail on the head. As I was reading this thread all I could think of was the high prices albino burms used to fetch. I think if you want to invest in something you should buy some real estate :). You can't lose a house to parasites LOL. I do have a friend that is doing some "super pastel"?, i think?, breeding but to me it seems too risky and I wouldn't have the heart to sell the snakes.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
cichla1004;985755; said:
You hit the nail on the head. As I was reading this thread all I could think of was the high prices albino burms used to fetch. I think if you want to invest in something you should buy some real estate :). You can't lose a house to parasites LOL. I do have a friend that is doing some "super pastel"?, i think?, breeding but to me it seems too risky and I wouldn't have the heart to sell the snakes.
Just think of it this way... you like the hobby, you're not interested in investing time into things that don't concern you, and you don't have all the space for a clutch of full-grown reptiles.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
royals are a far more keepable size for a lot of people than burms are, not to mention not everyone are fans of such large species.

cichla1004

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Florida
TheBloodyIrish;988446; said:
Just think of it this way... you like the hobby, you're not interested in investing time into things that don't concern you, and you don't have all the space for a clutch of full-grown reptiles.
I don't understand what you're getting at...

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
cichla1004;989449; said:
I don't understand what you're getting at...
Giving you reasons to sell them. :naughty: If we kept what we hatched, then we would not have room for anything! Also, you don't have to aim for the morphs if you don't want to either, it is not really that risky.

cichla1004

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Florida
LOL, gotcha. I still couldn't do it though, I've worked in reptile rescue and I have far too often seen the end result of most ball pythons :(. I'm not knocking anyone that does make a living off of ball pythons but it's just not for me, I'll continue selling/fixing cars to live. I have been thinking of a spider morph for a show snake though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store