best public aquarium?

Raptorthefishman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
NC
sncboom;3927856; said:
I'll just put this here. They're building a dolphin exhibit right now.

Yeah the Georgia Aquarium was amazing, wife and I went little less than a year ago. AMAZING!

dysfunctionaljd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2006
Austin, TX
I wouldn't make a trip just to go see it, but if your ever in the area, the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi is pretty nice. The USS Lexington is right next to it, so you can tour both in the same day.

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
Monterey Bay Aquarium

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Deep Blue Sea;3929676; said:
Monterey Bay Aquarium
I was waiting for someone to say this....

In Monterey I lived and worked about 4 blocks away from the Monterey Bay aquarium. It rocked ! Especially the open water exhibit! :headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
hopefully KDRUN will back me up on this one but mystic aquarium in mystic connecticut, and it has one of the most endangered species of sea lions and it also has the largest male intact male stellar sea lion. and it also has the largest outdoor beluga exhibit. they also have an amazonian "river" with rays,O's, and other amazonian fish. then there is an electric eel exhibit. and a huge saltwater fish and others population.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
it seems like everyone has really cool zoos, public aquariums and stuff apart from london grrrrrrr all we have here is the bloody london aquarium which has nothing special to show

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store