best public aquarium?

Aqua Sanctuary

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
The Internet
www.myspace.com
I have been to the Tennessee and Georgia aquariums. The one in Georgia was big and had several amazing displays. The piranha tank was under construction when I went. The salt tanks were incredible.

The Tennessee aquarium was great too. It had more freshwater stuff, and from what I remember there were more species there.

If you are in the south east areas, I suggest checking them both out. They are both wonderful and have a lot to see.

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
Newport Aquarium is pretty sweet :D

We have a shark touch pool, tidal touch pool, sharks, sea turtles, amazon, SHARK RAYS :nilly:, penguins, alligators, etc..

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
I've been to the shedd a bunch of times, and I really like their freshwater section. They have a huge amazon exhibit with just about every fish found on MFK in it, and a sweet tank with piranha, payara, oscars, and pike cichlids in it together. They also have a bunch of naitives, a section on invasives, and a bunch of different ecosysems (asia has a red aro). Their salt sections are a bit smaller unless you go downstairs to the reef, which has some sweet tanks and a gigantic one with sharks and such, and a cool mangrove forest with all brackish fish sold as fresh at LFS's :). Monterrey bay is also awesome. They have their huge tank with great whites. Enough said. It's one of the biggest too. The only other I remember is mystic aquarium in conneticut, which I haven't been to in a while, but I rememeber it being amazing.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I personally wasn't too impressed with the Dallas one, Fort Worth Did have a good one (can't believe they shut it down).

Been to a few other good ones that were already mentioned

DDFishPets

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
Santa Ana, Ca
www.twitter.com
Knowdafish;3927211; said:
Sounds like Steinhart. It was recently completely remodeled and is really cool!
Looks like it. Pretty damn awesome place.
Neervana;3930857; said:
it seems like everyone has really cool zoos, public aquariums and stuff apart from london grrrrrrr all we have here is the bloody london aquarium which has nothing special to show
Damn it! The Sweeny Todd LIED to me!! They told me there was no place like London and it was so convincing too :irked:

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
DDFishPets;3931450; said:
Looks like it. Pretty damn awesome place.

Damn it! The Sweeny Todd LIED to me!! They told me there was no place like London and it was so convincing too :irked:
:ROFL:

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
DDFishPets;3931450; said:
:irked::irked::irked::irked::irked::irked: :D

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
I may be going to the Newport Aquarium tommorow, I'll take pictures to prove that it is THE BEST :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store