Biggest tank in a mobile home?

wannaarro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
I'm about to set up my 125g in my mobile home. Prayin', too!! Putting cinderblocks underneath. . . .

88GT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Texas
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think the house will hold as big of a tank as I can afford. I hope to build a pond someday. :)

wannaarro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
Now THAT will be tough to put in a trailer!!!!:ROFL:

88GT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Texas
wannaarro;1084319; said:
Now THAT will be tough to put in a trailer!!!!:ROFL:
I have 2 1/2 acres :D
60 gallon seems to be doing fine. :headbang2
and the fish I have arent LMB. They are Guadalupe bass. No size limit. Talked to 2 different game wardens and a few other places. I'm good to go up to a total of 5 and must maintain a fishing license

MCHRKiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
usa
My friend has a modular home, and keeps a 90G, a 55G and a 30G without any probs. I keep my 150G on the second floor of my house, along with my 100G and a 45G with a 10G under it. I did calculations and figured out that my pounds per square inch for the 150 was less than a person standing in one place, so i wasnt to worried about it. Plus its weight sprawls out over a 72*20" plane. Tanks that are long and wide really dont put to awful much pressure on your floor...its all about the pounds per square inch :)

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
man i was so afraid o ask this question myself,so you think the 125 will be fine,its on a regular wood stand with canopy,can you usualy get to the bottom easy or is their usualy insulation in the way,should i even be woried with the 125?

MCHRKiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
usa
I think you should be fine if your home is well constructed...a 125G on average will weigh somewhere around 1200lbs on average. A good cabinet will distribute this weight over the entire plane of the tank not just the edges or the corners so your weight per square inch is going to be less than 1lb per square inch...which let me tell you isnt horrible. My 150G is sitting on the second floor of my home above my 2car garage I just positioned it so that the support beams under the floor are running perpendicular to the tank to give it the greatest amount of support beams under it....same deal with my 100G. Now it may be a good idea if your concerned to put some bracing under where your tank is sitting if for nothing else your piece of mind. Altho if you consider this the standard 55G tank weighs around 500-600lbs, and with its lack of width is also putting about the same 1 lb per square inch on your floor.

88GT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Texas
jason longboard;1118341; said:
come on duke33,whats it like gettin under these homes?
The bigger problem (besides the pests under the house) would be installing the blocks to a snug fit to the floor. getting under my particular house is no problem.
BTW these are Guadalupe bass. Ave. adult is 12"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store