Biotope s and natural tanks

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
They are plentiful here! I once captured a big male that was approaching bass size. He was blue all over and was sporting dime-sized tubercules. Mustve been quite popular with the lady chubs. Ever since i caught that one ive wanted to keep them.
I highly encourage you to do so! Might also try your hand at breeding them!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
They are plentiful here! I once captured a big male that was approaching bass size. He was blue all over and was sporting dime-sized tubercules. Mustve been quite popular with the lady chubs. Ever since i caught that one ive wanted to keep them.
I highly encourage you to do so! Might also try your hand at breeding them!

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
what fish are you thinking for your pond? Also do you want to incorporate any other native animals?(frogs,inverts,reptiles etc?)
Well right now they’re are already frogs in there and they usually hang out in the bog filter part of the pond where it’s very shallow. I was planning to do a group of Rudd, some gudgeons, loads of minnows and some stickle back. All uk natives. Will try to get some newts in the pond as well.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Well right now they’re are already frogs in there and they usually hang out in the bog filter part of the pond where it’s very shallow. I was planning to do a group of Rudd, some gudgeons, loads of minnows and some stickle back. All uk natives. Will try to get some newts in the pond as well.
Newts would be awesome, just be sure to get immature ones so they home back to your pond every year

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I was under the impression that when they left the pond they remembered their surroundings, much like captive hatched sea turtles, they return to the beach where they were released
Perhaps. I recall learning about their homing tendencies but never any concrete explanation given. I dont know how any animal could remember an arbitrary patch of beach or pond without some sort of inborn equivalent of a GPS though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store