Blood Parrot Care Sheet

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
needs to be a sticky the only flaw is the breeding part it says the eggs hatch in "2-4" but what is it 2-4 days or what?

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
supergourami;5073651; said:
needs to be a sticky the only flaw is the breeding part it says the eggs hatch in "2-4" but what is it 2-4 days or what?
Yes 2-4 days but it can't edit it since it has been more than 30 minutes since it was posted.....

brandons fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
Ohio
I breed blood parrot fish 8 differant color varietys the males are fertile and mine are not dyed or mutalated in any way,Thanks for the great care sheet very informitive.

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
brandons fish;5073733; said:
I breed blood parrot fish 8 differant color varietys the males are fertile and mine are not dyed or mutalated in any way,Thanks for the great care sheet very informitive.

You need to start another thread about your project, would love to see some picturers and would love to read what you have to say about it.. Don't respond to me, just do it!!! :D

Sorry Chris, don't mean to derail...

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
brandons fish;5073733; said:
So you have bred male Blood Parrots and got colors like green and purple.... :ROFL:

Billox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
Manila
Hi, I have a pair of red parrot and they are always laying eggs by digging the substrate and placing thier eggs in the undergravel platform. they still didn't produce live offspring and eggs always turn white. last night it was the 5th batch of eggs they laid since January and they are very vigilant in guarding the eggs.
is it possible that the male is fertile and the reason of failure is the environment?
My aquarium is 50gal indoor community, fishes are 1 compressicep(4in), 2 livingstonii(3-4in), 2 gourami(13-14in), 2 silver dollar, 3 synodontis (Valenciana, leopard, featherfin), 2 Botia(3-4in) 2 Chromobotia(3-3.5in), 1 banded louch, 1 blue dolphin, 2 aurulius, 1 tinfoil, 2 red jewel.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Billox;5088371; said:
Hi, I have a pair of red parrot and they are always laying eggs by digging the substrate and placing thier eggs in the undergravel platform. they still didn't produce live offspring and eggs always turn white. last night it was the 5th batch of eggs they laid since January and they are very vigilant in guarding the eggs.
is it possible that the male is fertile and the reason of failure is the environment?
My aquarium is 50gal indoor community, fishes are 1 compressicep(4in), 2 livingstonii(3-4in), 2 gourami(13-14in), 2 silver dollar, 3 synodontis (Valenciana, leopard, featherfin), 2 Botia(3-4in) 2 Chromobotia(3-3.5in), 1 banded louch, 1 blue dolphin, 2 aurulius, 1 tinfoil, 2 red jewel.
I doubt it, you would have had much more cases of fry if it was just the environment because not everyone keeps they tank the at same conditions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store