Building My 15,000 Gallon Mini Mega Tank

Apexpredator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Maryland
What an amazing set up. You should charge admission to your house. Who needs to go to SeaWorld.....

Give all the neighborhood kids a snorkel and let them jump in :grinyes:

mat_per

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Iowa
The Sorubimichthys planiceps ate a 28 INCH AROWANA!!!! Man that must have been something to see.
I read that you used 3/4 glass on your 15k, and 1 inch on your 50k, what is the spacing between the braces?
I'm thinking of making a 700-1000, but can't decide as to wether or not to but a brace in the middle and two sheets of glass.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
mat_per said:
The Sorubimichthys planiceps ate a 28 INCH AROWANA!!!! Man that must have been something to see.
I read that you used 3/4 glass on your 15k, and 1 inch on your 50k, what is the spacing between the braces?
I'm thinking of making a 700-1000, but can't decide as to wether or not to but a brace in the middle and two sheets of glass.

I mainly used 3 foot spans between the steel posts. Best wishes making your tank. You and your fish will love it.

oracle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Thank you for sharing pictures of your massive tanks. Although we have quite a large number of fish fanatics in Australia, we are amateurs compared to what you have achieved. Please provide more updated pictures if possible. This is truly an amazing achievement.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
oracle said:
Thank you for sharing pictures of your massive tanks. Although we have quite a large number of fish fanatics in Australia, we are amateurs compared to what you have achieved. Please provide more updated pictures if possible. This is truly an amazing achievement.
Thanks for the kind words. I will try and update pictures of fish in the 50k soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store