Bumpy the TSN jumped ship! :((

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
His poor whiskers. It's nice to see him doing better though. Did you ever figure out what exactly went wrong with Lumpy? I don't recall you ever mentioning a cause for his sudden ailment.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
It has to be related to the jumping of Bumpy(new nickname is jumpy). Not sure exactly why he lost control of his swim bladder. I just know it happened the day after bumpy jumped. There's only probably two explainations. One is that he went into osmotic shock from the salt I added for bumpy, two is that he was spooked by bumpy's behavior and smacked his head really hard. If you look closely at all catfish, and most fish period there is a line running down the center of their head. On most tsn it is the same width all the way down. Lumpy being as special as he was had a deformed cranium from birth and as he grew it became more and more exaggerated in it's curvyness. I noticed that this gap was extremely wide in lumpy and when I pulled him out he had no skin left on his head and his brain was actually swelled through that gap. I'd bet that he hit his head after being spooked by bumpy swimming upside down. Just a theory, but I know it has to be tied in with this jumping.

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
necrocanis;2276195; said:
Here's some pics being reunited with his tankmates. I think he looks sad that his protector is not there.
He prob got back in there with the rest and was like.. "where is...Wait a min... someones missing...Crap... I'm a meal for sure now :("

Honestly he doesn't look that bad... I've had some of mine look worse than that after being in a scuffle with eachother... Nice work!!

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Sorry for your loss necro..he was a super cool cat and it was for the better. Always sad to see a pet/friend suffer. He is in a better place w/ no pain swimmin w/ all his fish buddies.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I think when he got back in there Fat Albert was like, "Hey man, I thought you escaped?!?", and bumpy was like"Don't do it man, it's not worth it trust me!"

Redtailnobs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Great Falls
Lol, I took care of them while necro was at work. Lumpy looked really bad. RIP.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Good to hear its still alive catfish can survive for a while out of water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store